Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How to set the height popup?

Go to End

7 Posts   2286 Views

Tigermoon85

Community Member, 6 Posts

19 April 2010 at 4:41pm

Hi all,
I used "$tablefield->setPopupWidth('800px')" to set the width popup.
So, how to set the height popup.
Thanks.

Dr0gaz

Community Member, 37 Posts

3 May 2011 at 10:47pm

hi

Is a good question!! :)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 May 2011 at 4:01am

It's 60% of the window height. See dataobject_manager.js.

vancouverWill

Community Member, 121 Posts

19 May 2011 at 12:02pm

should this work for FileDataObjectManager within a popup? ie a popup within a popup? the functionality of it is great but the sizing is a big issue.

to summarize I have a dataobjectmanager of projects, when I edit or create a project the project popup is displayed, I then have an image gallery for each project which is controlled by FileDataObjectManager. so when I open up that it ends up being tiny.

I have tried

$projectImageGalleryUploadify->set_popup_width('800px'); and FileDataObjectManager::set_popup_width('1000px');

plus a lot of hacks in the CSS but no luck, I'm thinking I'm going to have to get into the dataobjectmanager js for this one but am trying to avoid that so I don't run into redundancy issues when the next upgrade comes out.

thanks for the time

vancouverWill

26 May 2011 at 5:42am

any thoughts about this?

its a great great piece but becomes almost unusable it nested like I am describing as it is so small so can't get access to the whole section.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

27 May 2011 at 5:53am

Well popups are an inherently restrictive UI, and you're simply trying to do far more with a nested DOM than it was ever intended to do. Until we move into a more extensible model (i.e. DataGrid), I would recommend moving this into ModelAdmin so you can have more real estate from the start. I really don't see it as a productive solution to just litter the CMS with stacks of enormous, gaudy popups.

vancouverWill

7 June 2011 at 11:47am

thanks for the reply. I guess I didn't look at like that. Your right modeladmin is more suitable, especially for text only.

It still wouldn't be possible to sort a dataobject containing an image gallery in modeladmin though would it?