Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS2.4+DOM+image_gallery=cannot upload or view

Go to End

7 Posts   1345 Views

Lukef

Community Member, 32 Posts

15 June 2010 at 1:15pm

Edited: 15/06/2010 1:15pm

As a disclaimer, I am a designer, i am happy with Photoshop, comfortable with XHTML/CSS, but i only know enough about real coding to get myself into trouble then do what i am told in order to fix it.

I have already tried this issue on IRC, but unfortunately struck out, which brings me to here and now...

In the interest of full disclosure, (incase it matters), a client site (not on my usual host) was moved to a different server (on the same host) I copied the files and database across and with the help of others got everything running well enough, with the exception of the image gallery and DOM.

This is the page in question

http://www-sandbox.austrackcampers.com/photo-galleries/

Try accessing either gallery, you should see an error : [Notice] Trying to get property of non-object

I get this error when i try to add a thumbnail to the albums, http://pastie.org/1004711

And when i try to upload pics to albums i get these (i get the same thing uploading anywhere in the cms)

I hope you guys can help me out, i really need to get this one off my desk soon.

Thanks in advance.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

15 June 2010 at 2:08pm

Looks like you've gotta talk to your hosting provider about lifting that open_basedir restriction. That's pretty ridiculous that they don't let you read from the temp dir.

Lukef

15 June 2010 at 2:13pm

You have to be kidding me... it is their fault? annoying... yes, but so glad it is not due to me stuffing anything up :) many thanks Uncle Cheese, i'll name a child after you... Cheese Mk2 ;)

|G|

Lukef

15 June 2010 at 4:13pm

Hey Uncle Cheese I just got off the phone with the host, I got a flat "No, we cant do that"

Is there any work around or do i advise my client to churn to another host?

|G|

UncleCheese

15 June 2010 at 4:41pm

That's awful. Did you send them the backtrace of the error? It's ridiculous to me that a hosting provider would restrict uploads. Who's your hosting provider? Stalin?

Lukef

15 June 2010 at 4:51pm

Smartyhost... I think they are some kind of Nerf Stalin, oh so polite, but the answer is still no... i started to explain my situation and the second i said the words "open_basedir restriction" he basically said "sorry this is a shared host we cannot do that, if it is essential to your site please call sales and ask for a refund and trasfer to another host" he was super polite though...

UncleCheese

16 June 2010 at 1:29am

It's so absurd it makes me wonder if it is in fact some sort of user error. It seems incredibly odd that they wouldn't even let you read from the temp dir. Without that ability, file uploads are impossible, AFAIK.