Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Page Won't Save / Edit

Go to End

6 Posts   1328 Views

Giggashrume

Community Member, 3 Posts

14 September 2010 at 6:49am

Edited: 14/09/2010 6:50am

I am having a world of trouble. I have recently developed a website for a school on the SilverStripe CMS. One of the bundle of modules that I am using is the DOB, SWF Uploader, and more specifically the Image Gallery mod.

Now I am getting errors (concerning saving content) on pages when I try to change their content or create a new page that has the name of a page which I deleted from the site.

The problem started after I created a regular "page" then I switched the behavior to ImageGallery Page. Now I can't edit the ImageGallery page that I do have, and I can't create a new ImageGallery page that has the name of the old page that I deleted.

Please help!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

14 September 2010 at 6:59am

What's the error?

Giggashrume

14 September 2010 at 7:06am

I am about to reinstall the whole shebang. If I keep getting the same error, I will post it here.

Also, I tried implementing the fixes suggested in correcting the SWF stop-processing problem. I am not sure if I did something wrong on my end or what. It seems that SWF upload works with IE but gets stuck with FF.

I do appreciate you replying so quickly.

UncleCheese

14 September 2010 at 7:31am

SWFUpload is riddled with issues. I'm asking that people start using Uploadify instead..

http://www.leftandmain.com/silverstripe-modules/2010/08/26/uploadify/

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

Giggashrume

14 September 2010 at 10:27am

Well, I downloaded both the new uploader and the updated DOB. However, now I can't dev/build the imagegallery module. When I try, nothing happens. In fact, I get a blank page and my website disappears.

If I delete the image_gallery, via FTP, from my web folder my website comes back and I can once again dev/build.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

UncleCheese

14 September 2010 at 11:11am

A blank page isn't very helpful. Turn on your PHP error reporting so you can get a readable error, and make sure your site is in dev mode.