Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SOLVED: jQuery load not happening in ImageGallery "import from an existing folder" in IE7 or IE8

Go to End

7 Posts   2042 Views

dominicB

Community Member, 14 Posts

20 August 2010 at 4:31am

Edited: 21/08/2010 4:13am

I've been using the image gallery happily in FF but my client is using ie8. I don't have that but am getting the same problem with ie7. The problem is...

When I open the popup to "Add files to .... folder" the "Import from existing folder" doesn't work. On FF, selecting an entry in the dropdown populates a nice ticklist of thumbnails I can choose from. in IE7 and IE8, nothing happens. I don't get an error, but I don't get anything else either.

in dataobject_manager/javascript/filedataobjectmanager_popup.js everything up to the line

$('#import-holder').load($(this).val(), {},function() {

seems to happen, but then nothing loads.

Any ideas anyone? btw I'm using ss 2.4.0

dominicB

20 August 2010 at 8:47pm

Edited: 20/08/2010 8:50pm

More info:

Although the problem is that the jQuery load() doesn't seem to fire, I don't think it's a jQuery conflict because "Upload from my computer" works fine in the same popup. Or is that not using jQuery?

I do get a "Stack Overflow at line 0" when accessing the admin for the whole page the gallery is in, but no js errors to be had in the actual "Photos" tab or the popup.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

21 August 2010 at 1:40am

If you're running 2.3, make sure you're on the 2.3 branch of DOM. See the sticky in this forum.

dominicB

21 August 2010 at 1:44am

Definitely using ss 2.4.0 and also
DOM r395
SWFUpload r375
ImageGallery r398

UncleCheese

21 August 2010 at 2:27am

Those are pretty old versions. Can you update to r430ish?

dominicB

21 August 2010 at 4:13am

I updated to r430 and it works ok now. Also, nothing else seems broken yet. I'd call this solved.

UncleCheese

21 August 2010 at 5:10am

As I remember there was an unclosed UL in that template, and of all browsers, IE was the one to complain about it. :)