Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

HOWTO: HasMany and ManyMany new items default to checked

Go to End

3 Posts   2532 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

12 August 2010 at 12:28pm

I posted this solution a while ago. You shouldn't need to update the javascript or anything.

This is what I do:

public function onAfterWrite()
	{
		parent::onAfterWrite();
		if(isset($_REQUEST['ctf'])) {
			// new record?
			if(!isset($_REQUEST['ctf']['childID']))
				DB::query("INSERT INTO `[YOUR_JOIN_TABLE]` SET [PARENT_TABLE_ID] = ". $_REQUEST['ctf']['sourceID'] . ", [CHILD_TABLE_ID] = $this->ID");

}
	}

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

18 August 2010 at 1:13am

Oh, right. Yeah, I forgot about that hack. Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Garrett

Community Member, 245 Posts

8 March 2012 at 11:20am

Hey gents--

I'm trying to do the opposite -- I have a Category DataObject which has a $belongs_many_many relationship to a NewsPage, which has the corresponding $many_many there. As a result I have the relation table NewsPage_Categories.

What I'd like to do is to automatically associate a given Category with a newly created page so that there is always at least one Category selected. Seems like it would just be a simple INSERT INTO in an OnAfterWrite() function but alas, no such luck. It's not happening for me. here's my very simple code (in the NewsPage class):

function onAfterWrite() {

parent::onAfterWrite();

if(isset($_REQUEST['ctf'])) {
			DB::query("INSERT INTO `NewsPage_Categories` SET `NewsPageID` = '".$_REQUEST['ctf']['sourceID']."', `CategoryID` = '1'");
		}
	}

What's wrong with this picture? I surmised from the code posted above that the $_REQUEST['ctf']['sourceID'] is the ID of the newly created Page. But I am not getting an error; it's just that the insert doesn't occur. onAfterWrite(), however, is firing.

Thanks in advance,
Garrett