Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

HTML5 Video Support?

Go to End

2 Posts   1704 Views

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

27 July 2010 at 10:00pm

The ability for this module to automatically convert videos into flv, and have a "video gallery" page is amazing, but now that HTML5 video is becoming so popular I was wondering what the status is regarding this module supporting it.

My needs are:
- Various pages in my site will have several videos added to them.
- They will display as a grid of thumbnails (automatically or manually generated) and titles on the page.
- Clicking on a thumbnail, pops up a lightbox and plays the video.
- All videos must be in both H264 and OGG format, using HTML5 video tags for supported browsers, and a Flash player to play the H264 video when in an unsupported browser.

At the moment I believe this module can do all of this appart from the last part regarding HTML5 video formats. Even if I have to encode the videos into H264 and OGG myself, I don't mind. Just being able to use the other features with HTML5 video would be amazing.

Is this currently possible with this module?
What are the future module plans re HTML5?

Many Thanks!
James

paul.mcilwaine

Community Member, 21 Posts

28 July 2010 at 6:19pm

Im sure with enough work from yourself you can get this to work without any changes to the way DOM works now. However h.264 and ogg will need to be encoded by yourself or something within your system setup.