Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't upload files using SWF Upload

Go to End

8 Posts   3551 Views

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

13 July 2010 at 9:28am

Hi All,

Having some problems with this, when using it under the "Files and images" tab. I just get an error saying:

"There was a problem with the upload.
The server did not accept it."

Any way I can track what's causing this? Permissions are all fine, using File Fields work, it is just under Files and Images.

Cheers,

Mo

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

15 July 2010 at 10:22am

Any thoughts?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

15 July 2010 at 11:48am

You need to turn on debugging and follow the "troubleshooting" section in the swfuploadfield docs. It's kind of a pain, but eventually you figure it out. Unfotunately, flash can't return php errors, only generic Apache 500 errors, so you have to step through the code line by line until you find the problem.

david_nash

Community Member, 55 Posts

15 July 2010 at 12:59pm

I'm getting a similar issue - I've got SS2.4, dataobject_manager and swfupload installed.

When I upload a file using swfupload, the file uploads, but then the progress bar just says "Processing..." and nothing happens.

I've added SWFUploadConfig::debug(); to my /mysite/_config.php and I see the debug output but there's no error messages there. The last line in the debug output is "SWF DEBUG: Event: uploadProgress: File ID: SWFUpload_0_0. Bytes: 15350. Total: 15350"... which I think is just telling the progress bar to update.

I'm using FF3.6 and I have firebug running, there's no javascript errors in the console.

I've developed several sites under Silverstripe and they all use dataobject_manager and swfuploader, but it seems like they're not compatible with SS2.4.

There's also another thread that talks about uploads being broken in SS2.4, and patching some of the files - I tried that but it didn't seem to make a difference. I don't know if it's related. The post is here: http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/281744?start=8#post284383

How do I get swfupload/dataobject_manager working in SS2.4?

UncleCheese

15 July 2010 at 1:29pm

You need to get the latest swfupload. The newest DOM authenticates swfupload requests, and they have to work together.

david_nash

Community Member, 55 Posts

15 July 2010 at 3:30pm

I believe I do have the latest version:

http://www.silverstripe.org/assets/modules/trunk/modules-dataobject_manager-r403.tar.gz

and

http://www.silverstripe.org/assets/modules/stable/modules-swfupload-r401.tar.gz

is that correct? If not could you provide links to the working versions?

Thanks UncleCheese!

UncleCheese

16 July 2010 at 2:40am

pezi5499

Community Member, 6 Posts

5 August 2011 at 8:18pm

In my case having a .htaccess password was the origin of the error. After removing it SWFUpload worked again. It is also possible (but not secure) to restrict the authentification to GET-Requests. Then, also, SWFUpload still works:

AuthType Basic
AuthName "Your AuthName"
AuthUserFile /path/to/password/file
<Limit GET>
    require valid-user
</Limit>