Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Images dissapear after viewing the Files and Images tab

Go to End

23 Posts   6657 Views

Chip Designs

Community Member, 15 Posts

16 July 2010 at 2:07pm

Edited: 18/03/2011 11:45am

I'm pretty sure that the issue is the way it handles file names as no matter what i try and do to fix the issue it is pointing to line 124 ($URL = $fileObject->SetHeight($size)->URL;) of image_gallery\code\ImageGalleryManager.php.

I've also tried installing the newest versions of dataObjectManger, SWFuploader and image_gallery where it gave 2 blank pop up errors after installing, so I have reverted back to the semi-working version as before.

Cheers,
Rob

ChubChub

Community Member, 16 Posts

21 August 2010 at 8:26am

Hey Rob -
I'm having a very similar issue as well. Once in a while, the FOLDER seems to think that it is new, which recursively removes all sub-files from the FILES table and re-creates them in the FILES table (with new ids). The file path is the same, which does not affect the links, but the TITLES are now gone (which took the users hours to put in) and the thumbnails are missing. I'm hurting real bad right now because of it - lots of bosses coming down on me. It seems to be the "Looking for new files" button - I am frantically trying to solve the issue looking through code... Any ideas? anyone?

dezmond

Community Member, 17 Posts

25 August 2010 at 9:26pm

Same issue here too. Did anyone manage to solve it? Any help would be massively appreciated.

dezmond

26 August 2010 at 12:26am

Yeah this is definitely happening to me when i click the "look for new files' button. I looked in the db tables whilst everything was working fine and the 'FolderID' column in the 'ImageGalleryAlbum' table was linked to 'Default Album' (assets/image-gallery/gallery/Default-Album/) in the 'Files' table. After clicking the "look for new files' button all the IDs in the 'File' table are changed/updated whilst the FolderID column in the 'ImageGalleryAlbum' table remains the same (and therefore the relation is broken). I'm pretty lost with this so I'm now thinking of just hiding the 'Look for new files' button - anyone know how to do this? Not ideal I know but the image gallery is more important to me than this button.

Cheers

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

26 August 2010 at 3:32am

Hey, guys,

Sorry you're all having this issue. Sounds nasty. I've been trying to replicate the problem. Let me make sure I have this right.

* Running SS 2.4.1, DOM/ImageGallery on the trunk
* Create a gallery with several albums, everything is good
* Go to AssetAdmin and press "look for new files" (what should I see for # files deleted, added?)
* Go back to CMSMain, and find that the ImageDOM on the photos tab is missing its images

Is that right? Everything is staying in tact for me.

ChubChub

Community Member, 16 Posts

26 August 2010 at 3:56am

Hey Uncle Cheese -
I think it's a bigger issue than the ImageGallery module - it appears to be a "looking for new files" issue in the Filesystem::sync() method. My theory (and I'm testing it...) is that the folder->existsfolder routine is "seeing" a new folder when in fact - nothing has changed... then it deletes the "orphans" and re-creates them again (all with new table file->id which cause havoc).

Maybe I'm crazy? Let me know what you guys/gals think...
-johnR

dezmond

26 August 2010 at 4:00am

Thanks for the reply UncleCheese.

SS is definitely 2.4.1. ImageGallery was downloaded from the 'Latest Release' box stable version (not the download below that says 'latest build of unstable trunk here.'. Should I be downloading the latest unstable Trunk build?

DOM - must have been the latest trunk build as thats the only option on the module page (Build Date: 2010-07-20).

And yeah all the other steps are what I did to replicate the error.

dezmond

26 August 2010 at 4:08am

...actually i've just realised that my DOM was downloaded 25-06-10 so it may have been a revision before the current one. I'll try it tonight and see if it makes any difference.

Cheers.