Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery in 2.4.3

Go to End

16 Posts   3333 Views

NickJacobs

Community Member, 148 Posts

10 December 2010 at 12:25pm

Hi, I'm having issues with Image Gallery in ss 2.4.3 (image gallery build 522).

When adding new images to albums, the dropdown to select album always shows the default album, so I have to manually select the album I'm in from the dropdown... has anyone else been having issues with ImageGal in 2.4.3??

Wezzlee

Community Member, 28 Posts

16 December 2010 at 6:36am

Hi Nick,

I also experience some problems with Image Gallery and SS 2.4.3. When creating a Image_gallery page the loader icon keeps looping and an error pops up without any message. I have uninstalled and installed dataobjectmanager, swfupload and imagegallery a couple of times but it did not work out.

I know my post won't solve your problem, but i hope one post will.

Wesley

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

16 December 2010 at 9:33am

Can you guys replicate these issues on the demo site? http://dataobjectmanager.carlinowebdesign.com (admin/password)

Wezzlee

17 December 2010 at 4:05am

Hi UncleCheese,

I have just installed image_gallery on a live server even though it did not work on my local server.
On my localhost i saw the upload button but i could not upload any images and create a page with the image_gallery properties.

I have followed the steps below to install it.

- place dataobject_manager v521 in root
- place swfupload v401 in root
- dev/build
- place image_gallery v516 in root
- dev/build?flush=1

Now having it installed on a live server i cannot even see the upload button in the "files & images" section.
I have just logged in into your test environment and everything in your test environment seems to work.
I saw that the test environment was running SS 2.4. Does that mean i need to downgrade it or should image_gallery even work on 2.4.3?

Thank you in advance.

Wesley

UncleCheese

17 December 2010 at 4:20am

Get rid of SWFUpload.. I've deprecated that in favor of Uploadify: http://www.leftandmain.com/silverstripe-modules/2010/08/26/uploadify/

Although either should work, Uploadify is much easier to troubleshoot, and may even resolve bugs that I didn't know about in SWFUpload..

--------------------
SilverStripe tips, tutorials, screencasts and more: http://www.leftandmain.com

Wezzlee

17 December 2010 at 4:21am

Okay i will give it a try. Thanks

Wezzlee

17 December 2010 at 5:16am

Hi,

It works now, but i receive an HTTP error when uploading a file. I will try to figure out what is causing that.
I have already disabled my mod_security in the htaccess, but that did not solve it. Thanks for your help so far.

Wesley

UncleCheese

17 December 2010 at 5:50am

You can turn on UploadifyField::show_debug(); in your config to help get an idea of the sever response.

Go to Top