Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Nested DataObjects with DOM

Go to End

16 Posts   3397 Views

CraftsMan

Community Member, 35 Posts

17 December 2010 at 11:08am

UC, fantastic, its come along real nice.

Any suggestions/hack to resolve issue 1?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

17 December 2010 at 11:35am

Sounds kind of like your other issue.. Just write a custom getter.

public function getRowIcon() {
return $this->SomeField == "bar" ? "mysite/images/bar.gif" : "mysite/images/placeholder.gif";
}

CraftsMan

17 December 2010 at 11:43am

Sorry buddy, my bad!

I have already done that - what I meant was my original issue of the overlay over the overlay ( where I have DO within DOs )

CraftsMan

18 December 2010 at 2:40am

UC,

Is it possible to have an add button when in edit mode ( top left maybe ) on the DOM pop overlay? so that dont have to close the edit mode and then click on add ( but like the next previous button where it reloads the edit window )

CraftsMan

23 December 2010 at 3:34am

The add button is not required if the nested overlay doesnt contain has many. I have moved on to using ModelAdmin as a solution to overcome this problem as well as other deep-nested problem, specifically if I have an overlay over an overlay ( bit DOM generating has manys ) then there is no easy way of return to a parent overlay window.

CraftsMan

13 January 2011 at 1:49pm

Hi UC

As I understand, you were cosnidering redoing DOM so it won't use popup windows. Is this something you might be look to release soon?

Thanks
CM

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

13 January 2011 at 6:15pm

Yes, that is the plan. I don't have release date at this point, however. Paying gigs have to come first! :)

---------------
Silverstripe tips, tutorials, screencasts, and more. http://www.leftandmain.com

stevanovich

Community Member, 63 Posts

18 May 2011 at 4:11am

Edited: 18/05/2011 11:32pm

'Just a couple of issues with Nested Tables which I have working fine. I have a Courses page working in DOM. Added nested table to add dates for that a particular course. Everything is fine but the DatePickerField doesn't display the calendar when clicked on. Is this an issue when having a second popup?'

Edit: seems to work now bizzarre!!!

Just these to sort

Just one more question from this is I have added view/show to dataobjects which works with the original objects ie the courses.php but the new dataobject with dates added page doesn't show up on the frontend when using coursesdate.php details in the template. Any idea? Do you want me to upload the code.

I have searched the forums and find that DataObject cannot be included on the SS search facility you suggested a while back to use google search has there been any changes in this? can we search DataObject using a custom search of its own?

I am using 24.5 and latest DOM.

Steve

Go to Top