Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem with DOM PopUp Display [solved]

Go to End

3 Posts   1199 Views

Hello_electro

Community Member, 80 Posts

28 January 2011 at 9:15am

Hi Everyone.

I am having a peculiar error that I cant seem to locate the issue. I am simply creating a DOM to display news articles. I have successfully created the page and added articles within the CMS. The problem is when I click on the edit button for one of the items, i get an error message about a query issue.

I tried to just start all the way in the begining and use a working example from uncle Cheese's Testimonial code. Still no progress.

I am pasting my code below, along with the error. Maybe I am missing something small, or this is something larger?

Here is the NewsArticlePage code

<?php
class DPSNewsArticlePage extends Page
{
	static $has_many = array (
		'DPSNewsArticles' => 'DPSNewsArticle'
	);

public function getCMSFields()
	{
		$f = parent::getCMSFields();
		$manager = new DataObjectManager(
			$this, // Controller
			'DPSNewsArticles', // Source name
			'DPSNewsArticle', // Source class
			array('Date' => 'Date', 'Author' => 'Author', 'Quote' => 'Quote'), // Headings
			'getCMSFields_forPopup' // Detail fields function or FieldSet
			// Filter clause
			// Sort clause
			// Join clause
		);

$f->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Articles", $manager);

return $f;
	}

}
class DPSNewsArticlePage_Controller extends Page_Controller
{
}
?>

DPS News Article code

<?php
class DPSNewsArticle extends DataObject
{
	static $db = array (
		'Date' => 'Date',
		'Author' => 'Text',
		'Quote' => 'Text'
	);

static $has_one = array (
		'DPSNewsArticlePage' => 'DPSNewsArticle'
	);

public function getCMSFields_forPopup()
	{
		return new FieldSet(
			new DatePickerField('Date'),
			new TextField('Author'),
			new TextareaField('Quote')
		);
	}
}
?>

Error Message

User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName", "DPSNewsArticle"."Created", "DPSNewsArticle"."LastEdited", "DPSNewsArticle"."Date", "DPSNewsArticle"."Author", "DPSNewsArticle"."Quote", "DPSNewsArticle"."DPSNewsArticlePageID", "DPSNewsArticle"."ID", CASE WHEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" ELSE 'DPSNewsArticle' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "DPSNewsArticle" WHERE ("ParentID" = '214') Unknown column 'ParentID' in 'where clause'
GET /publicsafety/admin/EditForm/field/DPSNewsArticles/item/2/edit?SecurityID=2c5824d7f11f37de6195cc76ba911620d6261ded&ctf[DPSNewsArticles][start]=0&ctf[DPSNewsArticles][per_page]=10&ctf[DPSNewsArticles][showall]=0&ctf[DPSNewsArticles][sort]=&ctf[DPSNewsArticles][sort_dir]=&ctf[DPSNewsArticles][search]=&ctf[DPSNewsArticles][filter]=

Line 525 in /usr/local/ftp/publicsafety/html/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php
Source

516 	}
518 	function databaseError($msg, $errorLevel = E_USER_ERROR) {
519 		// try to extract and format query
520 		if(preg_match('/Couldn\'t run query: ([^\|]*)\|\s*(.*)/', $msg, $matches)) {
521 			$formatter = new SQLFormatter();
522 			$msg = "Couldn't run query: \n" . $formatter->formatPlain($matches[1]) . "\n\n" . $matches[2];
523 		}
525 		user_error($msg, $errorLevel);
526 	}
528 	/**
529 	 * Return a boolean type-formatted string
530 	 * 
531 	 * @param array $values Contains a tokenised list of info about this data type

Trace

* Couldn't run query: SELECT "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName", "DPSNewsArticle"."Created", "DPSNewsArticle"."LastEdited", "DPSNewsArticle"."Date", "DPSNewsArticle"."Author", "DPSNewsArticle"."Quote", "DPSNewsArticle"."DPSNewsArticlePageID", "DPSNewsArticle"."ID", CASE WHEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" ELSE 'DPSNewsArticle' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "DPSNewsArticle" WHERE ("ParentID" = '214') Unknown column 'ParentID' in 'where clause'
      Line 525 of MySQLDatabase.php
    * MySQLDatabase->databaseError(Couldn't run query: SELECT "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName", "DPSNewsArticle"."Created", "DPSNewsArticle"."LastEdited", "DPSNewsArticle"."Date", "DPSNewsArticle"."Author", "DPSNewsArticle"."Quote", "DPSNewsArticle"."DPSNewsArticlePageID", "DPSNewsArticle"."ID", CASE WHEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" ELSE 'DPSNewsArticle' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "DPSNewsArticle" WHERE ("ParentID" = '214') | Unknown column 'ParentID' in 'where clause',256)
      Line 123 of MySQLDatabase.php
    * MySQLDatabase->query(SELECT "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName", "DPSNewsArticle"."Created", "DPSNewsArticle"."LastEdited", "DPSNewsArticle"."Date", "DPSNewsArticle"."Author", "DPSNewsArticle"."Quote", "DPSNewsArticle"."DPSNewsArticlePageID", "DPSNewsArticle"."ID", CASE WHEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" ELSE 'DPSNewsArticle' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "DPSNewsArticle" WHERE ("ParentID" = '214'),256)
      Line 129 of DB.php
    * DB::query(SELECT "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName", "DPSNewsArticle"."Created", "DPSNewsArticle"."LastEdited", "DPSNewsArticle"."Date", "DPSNewsArticle"."Author", "DPSNewsArticle"."Quote", "DPSNewsArticle"."DPSNewsArticlePageID", "DPSNewsArticle"."ID", CASE WHEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "DPSNewsArticle"."ClassName" ELSE 'DPSNewsArticle' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "DPSNewsArticle" WHERE ("ParentID" = '214'),256)
      Line 400 of SQLQuery.php
    * SQLQuery->execute()
      Line 1268 of DataObject.php
    * DataObject->getComponents(DPSNewsArticles)
      Line 532 of ComplexTableField.php
    * ComplexTableField->getFieldsFor(DPSNewsArticle)
      Line 792 of ComplexTableField.php
    * ComplexTableField_ItemRequest->DetailForm()
      Line 931 of DataObjectManager.php
    * DataObjectManager_ItemRequest->DetailForm()
      Line 369 of ViewableData.php
    * ViewableData->obj(DetailForm,,1)
      Line 32 of .cache.dataobject_manager.templates.DataObjectManager_popup.ss
    * include(/usr/local/ftp/publicsafety/html/silverstripe-cache/.cache.dataobject_manager.templates.DataObjectManager_popup.ss)
      Line 420 of SSViewer.php
    * SSViewer->process(DataObjectManager_ItemRequest)
      Line 342 of ViewableData.php
    * ViewableData->renderWith(DataObjectManager_popup)
      Line 948 of DataObjectManager.php
    * DataObjectManager_ItemRequest->edit(SS_HTTPRequest)
      Line 143 of RequestHandler.php
    * RequestHandler->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest)
      Line 161 of RequestHandler.php
      Line 147 of Controller.php
    * Controller->handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest)
      Line 282 of Director.php
    * Director::handleRequest(SS_HTTPRequest,Session)
      Line 125 of Director.php
    * Director::direct(/admin/EditForm/field/DPSNewsArticles/item/2/edit)
      Line 127 of main.php

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

28 January 2011 at 9:48am

Are you sure this is what you want??

'DPSNewsArticlePage' => 'DPSNewsArticle'
);

Look at that closely.

Hello_electro

Community Member, 80 Posts

29 January 2011 at 8:11am

Doh! Yes, I see it now. I changed to below and it works. Thanks UC. I appreciate you taking time to point this out. I actually like that you turned it back on me to see it. Good way to learn form my mistake.

'DPSNewsArticlePage' => 'DPSNewsArticlePage'
);