Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Allowing User's to manage DataObjects...

Go to End

Hibari

Community Member, 9 Posts

11 May 2011 at 4:39pm

Hi, I'm currently working on a site where I'd like it that the users can edit their own content. Thanks to the help of SS-Bits ( http://www.ssbits.com/tutorials/2010/site-members-registering-users-and-allowing-them-to-edit-their-details/ ), I was able to allow the users to edit their own information, and even give the area that they edit a HTMLEditoField in the php.

My next part of this project is that I'd like for the users to be able to click an "Add Set Button" and when they do that they can then put fill out the fields just like in the CMS. Once they finish that it will populate the table that it normally would in the cms, but then produce the information to the actual other page that I set up for them to use.

If you go to http://bremnant.com/paint/

you can see the actual page that I'm talking about, once registered and logged in, the user gets access to their own "Edit Profile" and then "My Page" which produces the actual information edited.

I can post the actual php files that list what it currently looks like so that you all could see, but the files can be downloaded from the first link that I placed, if possible, does anybody have an idea how I can add the dataobjectfield for the users to fill out so that I can have them fill out a table set specifically set up for the items that I have in mind?

I'm pretty much stumped with this currently, I'm not that great with the Data Object Manager yet.

Any and ALL help is appreciated.