Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

removing ImageGallery module [SOLVED]

Go to End

15 Posts   4727 Views

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

2 August 2011 at 9:22am

Would it be save to "drop" these? It scares me a little to make changes to my database outside the CMS

As with any db operation best to make a backup (and make sure that you can restore that backup) before you start.

I was worried about left over fields too - if I correct a spelling mistake in the db, dev build I have two very similarly named fields... but not any more thanks to http://github.com/smindel/silverstripe-dbplumber it has an "artefacts" function that creates sql (and runs it) that removes these obsolete fields and tables.

KoJans

Community Member, 14 Posts

2 August 2011 at 10:40am

O.k.; I have db-plumber too. I made a backup; and then used dbplumber to remove all tables with 'ImageGallery' in their name. Then a ran /dev/build; that showed some changes but no errors. My site keeps working, except for the /admin/assets page: this still gives me the same error...
Is there a way to see which table(s) in the database cause the error?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

2 August 2011 at 11:18am

I'd assume you uploaded some images when using the module, for there might be assets records that are missing ClassName instead, so I'd widen the search for records in the database without a classname... I have to admit that this is the kinda time I get frustrated with silverstripe.

KoJans

4 August 2011 at 3:28am

Edited: 04/08/2011 3:30am

Hi!

I now searched all tables in the database with:
SELECT * FROM {tablename} WHERE ClassName = '';
but all gave me the "empty set" answer. So now I'm pretty shure there are no records with an empty ClassName in the database.
So now I guess I'll have to focus on the second part of the error-message: "and $baseClass not set".
To find out what causes this error I'll have to look inside /var/www/silverstripe/sapphire/core/model/DataObject.php; not so easy because it's quite long (3500+ lines) and I'm even not shure that the origin of the error lies in this file; or somewhere before...
In other words, I need help from someone with more knowledge of the "inner workings" of SilverStripe. Luckily I'm not frustrated, because it's only a personal website, and the fontend is still working. I want to use this situation to learn more.

Ko.

KoJans

13 August 2011 at 12:55am

Hello (SS) world!

Anybody out there who can give me a clue how to solve this?
I'm even willing to pay a few $$ to someone who can teach me how to make a WORKING image gallery with SilverStripe.

Ko.

davidm2010

Community Member, 107 Posts

17 August 2011 at 11:45pm

Make sure you use /dev/build/?flush=all

KoJans

5 October 2011 at 11:41pm

Hi,

I think I've solved this (at last...). Today I also removed the dataobject_manager- and the uploadify modules. But the error on /admin/assets was still there (after /dev/build).
Looking at the /dev page I found /dev/tasks (which I'd never seen before!) and the first task on the list is: 'Sync Files & Image assets'.
I clicked this....and that did it: I no longer have an error on /admin/assets.

Ko.

Go to Top