Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[SOLVED] Another never loading image_gallery

Go to End

2 Posts   988 Views

rbTech

Community Member, 4 Posts

18 December 2011 at 4:24pm

Hi folks
I've managed to do something to my wife's website, and it's beginning to cause domestic disturbance :)

She owns a bridal shop, and the image gallery modules stopped working with my update to SS2.4.5. I've looked everywhere I can think of to look to track down the error of my ways, but have come up completely empty so far.

The page loads, but the images never show up. I saw the other post (http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/16088) from someone who was seeing similar behaviour, but there wasn't a resolution listed. The issue that's showing up (or not, for that matter!) is exactly the same - the page loads but the images never display. From what I can tell, all of the requisite scripts are being downloaded (though I don't know for certain that they're firing).
Her site is http://shalinebridal.com

Here's some of what I've done:

Remove the image gallery and uploadify modules, and re-install them, and run /dev/build

Upgrade to teh svn version of image_gallery (currently v545)

Try a different theme, just to make sure it wasn't a theme related issue. The behaviour persists across themes, including Blackbcandy (my go-to when I think I've b0rked something in a theme).

Rebuild a brnad new SS, and copy her database to a new instance (didn't do that for diagnostics as much as that's when I do for an upgrade so I have an immediate failback simply by pointing the virtualhost to the old directory - the result of many years of hard lessons running webapps that boast 'seamless' upgrades :)

I've created a completely new ImageGallery page in her site, and it behaves exactly the same way.

I've gone through the debugger in Chrome with a fine toothed comb and can't find a thing that looks amiss.

I have other SS sites, running the Image Gallery module without issue, *on the same server*. So it's not a PHP issue.

I'm up against it at this point, and am pretty well out of ideas. So I thank you in advance for any light you can shed on what is becoming more important by the hour to me :)

Rubin

rbTech

Community Member, 4 Posts

12 January 2012 at 6:39am

So after much head banging, one of my guys found what I'd done wrong (I knew it would be something stupid I'd done).

When I initially installed the Image Gallery module, I'd copied the Layout/ImageGalleryPage.ss into /mysite/templates/Layout where I'd customised the template a bit.

That (predictably) created a conflict a year and some later when I did an svn up and got the newer version of the Image Gallery.

Simply removing my copy from /mysite/templates/Layout fixed it immediately.

<<bang head here>>...

I hope this helps someone out at some point from the heavy drinking it took before, during and after this little adventure for me, and the hopelessly stupid feeling that overcame me when we finally figured out what I'd done wrong :)

Rubin