Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

DataObject, Image Gallery Install Frustration

Go to End

5 Posts   1886 Views

shluckey

Community Member, 19 Posts

12 July 2012 at 10:54am

I'm using SS Version 3.

I've been here and followed this to install http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/11205. Tried getting the files from here and github.

HOWEVER

I cannot for the life of me get this thing to work. First off i had problems with the DataObjectModule. When i re-build the database I get an error telling me a deprecation error has occured in framework file. The rebuild stops at Email_bouncerecord and gives me a lot of errors. I remedied this by deleting the raise error php code and managed to get the database to rebuild. (Something to do with checking the live version.)

Uploadify installed fine.

The Image gallery installed fine. EXCEPT

When I go to make a new image gallery page I get this error

*Warning: "Missing argument 1 for ImageGalleryPage::getCMSFields(), called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/framework/admin/code/LeftAndMain.php on line 922 and defined" at line 122 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/image_gallery/code/ImageGalleryPage.php*

And I also get this error when I go to the edit image/falls tab on the left of the main screen.

*Error: "FieldList::addFieldToTab() Tried to add a tab to object 'FieldList' - 'Root' didn't exist." at line 288 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/framework/forms/FieldList.php*

I really want to get the Image Gallery working it sounds amazing.

Any help would be much appreciated

shluckey

12 July 2012 at 11:18am

additional:

this is the error from the dataobject_manager install

*Notice: "DataObjectDecorator->__construct is deprecated. Use DataExtension instead. Called from ReflectionClass->newInstance." at line 155 of /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/framework/dev/Deprecation.php*

I'm pretty sure this is the causing all the problems

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

12 July 2012 at 9:32pm

I don't think UncleCheeses modules are compatible with SS3 (yet).

shluckey

12 July 2012 at 10:08pm

I thought that might be the case given the compatibility on the download pages. Is there anywhere I can get an older version of ss 2.3/2.4 or will I have to wait until they become compatible.

Thank you

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

12 July 2012 at 10:30pm