As the title suggests I'm having an issue with all file uploads to a website hosted on Net Registrys shared cpanel servers. The site worked flawlessly for about a year. Then we were moved to another server within Net Registry. At this point we started getting issues when uploading files anywhere on the site. Uploadify lets you select the file and uploads it as expected but when you hit "continue" the popup shows formatted HTTP 500 server error (as per the error page defined in the CMS).
Steps I've taken to debug this:
- Ensure the files uploaded are present on the file system - they are.
- Checked the PHP error log - nothing found
- Logged SS errors to a file - nothing found
- Checked apache log - 500 is present but doesnt indicate what the issue could be. No other errors around it.
- Played with the asset folders chmod permissions - 777, 755 don't help.
- Checked server resource logs - Looks fairly normal with a spike in IO traffic on upload. Nothing reaches the "limits" defined by Net Registry.
- Set SS and PHP error logs at the beginning and end of key functions in the FileDataObjectManager.php class to determine where the code dies. UploadifyForm() starts and finishes as expected. The "Continue" button that maps to the function saveUploadifyForm() which never starts or finishes.
- Installed SS 2.4.7 on another Net Registry account and the same issue occurs.
- Ran the same code locally in two different LAMP environments without issue.
At this stage I'm out of ideas. Has anyone else had this problem?