Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95924 Views

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

12 February 2009 at 6:16am

also getting a strange effect where the text in the content field appears above the table, until you do something with the table (search, filter, add a resource etc.) then it disappears. This happens on both my work machine and my laptop in all browsers.

Is this deliberate?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

12 February 2009 at 7:08am

That is deliberate. I didn't see a need to keep the persistent text. Gets kind of annoying.

UncleCheese

13 February 2009 at 4:53am

SVN checkout is now available. I had a couple different versions floating around, so I may not have gotten the SVN right. If you run into problems, please post here and I'll check in a fix as soon as I can.

Documentation is not ready yet, but I have included example code in code/examples

svn co http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/dataobject_manager

UncleCheese

13 February 2009 at 5:29am

Something is screwy. Hold off until I fix it. :)

UncleCheese

13 February 2009 at 4:45pm

Okay, that ought to do it.

It requires the swfupload extension, so you'll need to check out each of the following:

svn co http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/dataobject_manager
svn co http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/swfupload

Chucky2k

Community Member, 32 Posts

19 February 2009 at 3:51pm

Hi UncleCheese

I've been trying to use the ResourcePage example and I can get everything working except being able to get the page template to display all the information. I managed to fumble my way to use $Name and $Description to get their information to appear on the site but I am stuck with getting the Attachment to appear. Can you point me in the right direction with this.

Thanks

UncleCheese

19 February 2009 at 3:55pm

Have you tried this?

<a href="$Attachment.URL">Download</a>

Be sure to check out the latest. Lots of updates today.

Bo_Einzeller

Community Member, 18 Posts

20 February 2009 at 4:19am

Hy UncleCheese
I realy like you module and tested it for a while. I'll found some additions for it:

Default-value for view
I’d like to have functions to set the default view-Value of a FileDataObjectManager-Object.
The Problem is, you can’t set the public var $view, otherwise changing of the views won’t work.
Quick ‘n dirty:
public function SetGridView(){
if(!isset($_REQUEST['ctf'][$this->Name()]['view'])) $this->view='grid';
}

Translations
Dataobjectmanager.ss, File Dataobjectmanager.ss, ImageDataobjectmanager.ss
Line 86: <% _t('DRAGDROP', 'Allow drag & drop reordering') %>
Line 33: <% _t('SEARCH', 'Search') %>

FileDataObjectManager.php
Line 104:
return new DropdownField('ImportFolder','',$this->getFolderHierarchy(0),null, null, "-- "._t('DataObjectManager.SELECTFOLDER', 'Select a folder')." --");

Line 171,172
new HeaderField($title = _t('DataObjectManager.ADD', 'Add').' '.$this->PluralTitle(), $headingLevel = 2),
new HeaderField($title = _t('DataObjectManager.UPLOADFROMPC', 'Upload from my computer'), $headingLevel = 3),
Line 218:
$header = new HeaderField($title = _t('DataObjectManager.IMPORTFROMFOLDER', 'Import from an existing folder'), $headingLevel = 3);

Usability
- Link on every value to edit the data-record.
- Adding title-tags to edit & delete-links like “<a class="popuplink editlink" href="$EditLink" title="<% _t('EDIT', 'Edit') %>">”
- Close-Buttons in the Popup-Windows
- Buttons for “save & close”, “close”

Thanks for the great work!