Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95933 Views

henning.blunck

Community Member, 6 Posts

14 April 2009 at 12:37am

Hey,
seems like, at the moment, the dataobjectmanager is the best (and sometimes only) way to work properly on many_many-Relationships. My question (and I hope it is not that dumb that anyone notices, I'm a relative newbee) is:
Does the DataObjectManager also works with many_many_extraFields? How can these additional attributes to the connecting table be displayed/altered/etc. And despite from that: Is there an other chance to edit these fields? I've found this feature of extraFields nice and important but very few documented.

Bye for now,

Henning

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

14 April 2009 at 1:29am

@sunnyboy -- I've attached a working example of a Resume upload form that is in use on a production site with the latest SWFUpload module. Let me know if there's anything that needs to be updated in the docs.

@amir -- I like the idea. I'll add a $canUpload parameter.

@henning - Can you explain what you mean by extraFields? Sounds interesting. Make sure you're using a ManyManyDataObjectManager for those relations.

henning.blunck

Community Member, 6 Posts

14 April 2009 at 1:43am

Hey,

@cheese: ok, if YOU didn't know extraFields by now, than it seems not to have such big popularity right now.

Formal speeching I refered to:
http://api.silverstripe.com/sapphire/core/DataObject.html#$many_many_extraFields
One of the very few (like 2-3) examples I found on the internet was the first post in this discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev/browse_thread/thread/865b4b337c230b1c/f39328a56fc4afb4

I gave it a try: It basicly works very well. The relation table gets (beside an ID and fields to save the IDs of the two involved Records) further columns (in the above mentioned example, the table saving the Posts<->Categories Relationship gets a further column named "PrimeCategory" of type boolean).

In the meanwhile, I've found out, that managing this extraFields with manymanycomplextable fields is not yet possible (refering to the "ToDo" remark on http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=manymanycomplextablefield)

Greets from Mannheim (Germany),

Henning

UncleCheese

14 April 2009 at 2:11am

Perfect! I've been looking for that functionality! I'll definitely look into it and hopefully get ManyManyDataObjectManager to support it. That's great news.

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

14 April 2009 at 2:36am

UncleCheese> The fix was to use the member method ComplexTableField::getParentIDName() to generate this fieldname correctly.

This fix helps a lot! Thank you!

Ben Gribaudo

Community Member, 181 Posts

14 April 2009 at 2:59am

Any chance we could create a forum folder for threads re Uncle Cheese's modules? This thread is so long that it is hard to quickly scan it to see if a particular topic/bug was already discussed. The Event Calendar Module thread is also very long.

UncleCheese

14 April 2009 at 3:04am

Yeah, i've been saying that for a while. Who do we need to talk to? SS Admins? Hello?!

rndmerle

Community Member, 24 Posts

14 April 2009 at 4:48am

Edited: 14/04/2009 4:58am

Hi.

Just to say I'm using ImageDataObjectManager with PNG images without any trouble.
I put $limitFileTypes = array ('jpg', 'png'); into ImageDataObjectManager.php

Be safe.

Go to Top