Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95931 Views

hu

Community Member, 21 Posts

22 April 2009 at 1:25am

@robinp: look at dataobject_manager/javascript/dataobject_manager.js line 105

// Search
var request = false;
$container.find('#srch_fld').focus(function() {
	if($j(this).attr('value') == "Search") $j(this).attr('value','').css({'color' : '#333'});
}).unbind('blur').blur(function() {
	if($j(this).attr('value') == '') $j(this).attr('value','Search').css({'color' : '#666'});
}).unbind('keyup').keyup(function(e) {
		if(request) window.clearTimeout(request);
		$input = $j(this);
		request = window.setTimeout(function() {
			url = $j(container_id).attr('href').replace(/\[search\]=(.)*?&/, '[search]='+$input.attr('value')+'&');
			refresh($container, url);
		},200)
	e.stopPropagation();
});

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 April 2009 at 1:34am

@cmswarrior- The search is throttled to a quarter second of no character entry. If you think it needs to be cranked up a bit, I can do that. I suppose not everyone types as fast as I do. :)

@robinnp - What you're looking to do with a MMDOM is simply not what it was built to do. If you look at the way a MMCTF works, you'll see the same thing. The idea is to give the user a global view of all available DataObjects and allow single-click association of those DataObjects to the page. The objects that are associated with the page should show an activated checkbox and a differently colored row. If the MMDOM were to filter out all the unassociated objects, how would one associate more existing objects at another time? It occurs to me that MMDOM and MMCTF are not the solutions you may be looking for?

Johnny

Community Member, 34 Posts

22 April 2009 at 4:24am

Hi!

I'm having trouble using DataObjectManager module. I just installed it and I created a simple one-to-many relationship (like in the doc).

The thing is the CSS templates for the CMS back-end doesn't seem to work. Also, if I edit or add a record, the form is using all the wndow space. I attach some pictures. Is anybody having this issue?

Thanks!

JP

Attached Files
UncleCheese

22 April 2009 at 4:31am

Something's messed up with your pathing. Make sure dataobject_manager is installed in your silverstripe root.

Johnny

Community Member, 34 Posts

22 April 2009 at 4:43am

Thanks for the quick reply.

I did changed the name of the folder in which the module was included to 'dataobject_manager' and it suddenly worked !

If I'm not the only one this would happen, then I would suggest to include this step in the installation procedure!

Thanks, it looks like it's a great feature,

JP

UncleCheese

22 April 2009 at 4:47am

What was the name of the folder if it wasn't dataobject_manager? Where did you get it? That's really odd.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

22 April 2009 at 4:49am

yea I got a little confused by this at first, it's because if you extract the archive directly to your root the folder is called modules-dataobject_manager-rXXX/ which means the requirements don't work as they look for dataobject_manager/.

Is there a way to make the requirements more dynamic and pick up the name of the folder automatically? Not a huge issue but might get a some people confused as most modules don't mind what the root folder is called.

UncleCheese

22 April 2009 at 4:53am

Edited: 22/04/2009 4:53am

Interesting. I think what I need to do is put dataobject_manager in a parent folder so that the ZIP file name does not become the folder name.

Also, to all of you who are using the download, I highly recommend switching to SVN. Updates happen so rapidly to DOM, it's impossible for me to constantly be exporting and posting a new ZIP file to Silverstripe.

Go to Top