Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95924 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 February 2009 at 9:59am

I've added translation tags. Thank you, Bo_Einzeller for that! Also added the title tags per your suggestion.

Bo_Einzeller

Community Member, 18 Posts

22 February 2009 at 10:39am

Thanks for everything! I'm in the mountains 'til tuesday and gone check everything as soon as i'm back!

UncleCheese

22 February 2009 at 2:45pm

Nice catch. Give the latest version a try. Null values are now replaced with  's.

UncleCheese

22 February 2009 at 3:19pm

Probably oughta check out the ImageGallery module I just put up. Or are you using the ImageDataObjectManager? Just curious. I only put out the ImageDataObjectManager cause it was the backbone to the ImageGallery module.

UncleCheese

22 February 2009 at 3:34pm

Interesting. What kind of files are you uploading? I can add GIFs to the allowed file types.

Do you use SSP Director? That's one of the best apps I've ever seen. Nothing SS offers will compete with that. :)

UncleCheese

22 February 2009 at 4:25pm

Yeah, the ImageDataObjectManager expects file types that qualify for image resampling (JPG and GIF). A FileDataObjectManager is more tolerant, and knows to skip all of that stuff if the file isn't an image. If the ImageDataObjectManager could take normal files (i.e. FLV), imagine imagine all the distorted Flash icons that would appear when one dragged the slider to its max. :)

UncleCheese

23 February 2009 at 7:19am

Hmm... Would you mind posting your code?

UncleCheese

23 February 2009 at 12:19pm

If I had to guess, I'd say this happens on ComplexTableFields, too. I didn't modify the method that retrieves the records for the table -- only those that change the parameters for that method (sort, page size, filter, etc).

It's an unusual scenario, but nonetheless one that needs to be addressed. I'll try to duplicate what you have and see what I can come up with. I'm sure it has something to do with the joining of parent class to child class -- using an incorrect or ambiguous ID field or something.