Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95930 Views

Shawn Parr

Community Member, 60 Posts

8 May 2009 at 2:56am

I'm also unable to confirm. I've tried with Safari on 10.5, and Firefox on XP. This is with a 2.3.1 install. Unfortunately I can't say which SVN snapshot of DOM I have right now. It is at least a week old, if not a bit older.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

8 May 2009 at 3:01am

@martimiz - I like that idea, but I'm not sure why a single file needs a whole popup. Why not just clean up the look of the ImageField and have it implement SWFUpload? As it is, a file input generates a popup window on its own (an OS dialog box, that is). So it seems unnecessary to have another one. I would definitely like to do more with the SWFUploadField, though. I love the idea of being able to filter MIME types for clients.

Always looking for new stuff to add on, so thanks for the input!

vstrazz

Community Member, 63 Posts

8 May 2009 at 3:09am

Edited: 08/05/2009 3:11am

Thanks for the help guys! Upon further inspection it seems that was a fluke. I re-removed the dm folder and the issue did not go away this time. Weird!

Thanks guys. UncleCheese for president! lol

NINJA EDIT:// It seems the files and images section is having the same issue. I must be missing some files or something.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

8 May 2009 at 3:12am

Edited: 08/05/2009 3:18am

@UncleCheese
Just that I thought - if you have the popup, why not use it. It would make the page's forms a whole lot cleaner. Normally you'd have title, alt, description etc for every image, that would clutter up the page with large fieldgroups. Why only use popups for collections? Why would that be too much overhead?

[EDIT]
rereading I think maybe I didn't make myself clear after all? So I'd just want to keep the same popup, but link it to another tab-field that is simply a one image editor. I don't want a new popup :-)

UncleCheese

8 May 2009 at 8:32am

Does anyone know why this isn't working?

sprintf(_t('DataObjectManager.ADD', 'Add %s'),$this->PluralTitle())

Just returns "Add"

(I'm new to i18n stuff)

NickJacobs

Community Member, 148 Posts

8 May 2009 at 9:03am

@aram

That is actually something that the community could really do with, we should think about having awards like 'member of the month' and 'Silverstripe Website of the month'. I think that would really encourage more participation.

That's a great idea and something that I have been thinking about too......how to get it started? ....i'll get in touch with SS and see if they are keen.

DanStephenson

Community Member, 116 Posts

8 May 2009 at 9:25am

I recently implemented a new DataObjectManager function into my site, and when I click the "Add" button, I get a blank lightbox popup. I posted about this here. Any ideas?

UncleCheese

8 May 2009 at 9:26am

Is your error reporting turned up? Sounds like a PHP error to me.