Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: DataObjectManager module

Go to End

379 Posts   95924 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

12 February 2009 at 4:02am

Hi, Aram,

I like the idea for live pagination size. I think I'll add that in. As for the upload issue, is the button not appearing or just not working? Can you use this demo okay? http://demo.swfupload.org/v220beta5/applicationdemo/index.php

Multiple managers on a page shouldn't be a problem. I think that's what I'm going to do for the next version of ImageGallery to manage albums and photos concurrently.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

12 February 2009 at 4:23am

Yea that SWF link works fine.

Sorry should have been more specific, the button appears for a second then disappears, then if I select a folder to import from and then go back to the default 'Select a Folder' then it will appear and stay there but not do anything when I click on it. The import works fine. If I close th e popup and then open it again it doesn't appear at all until you do the folder selecting/unselcting thing.

mrt_r

Community Member, 9 Posts

12 February 2009 at 4:31am

this is totally sweet. very impressive. Superb job. Can't wait for the svn link. I will be playing around with this as soon as it is available needless to say. This fixes many "problems" at once.

UncleCheese

12 February 2009 at 4:35am

By "button" you're talking about the Upload button or the "Upload (PDF of DOC only)" button? The latter is generated by Flash, but the former is just an HTML button that gets toggled by the user's choice of import vs. upload, that is, the upload button should hide if you've chosen to import files, but reappear if you set it back to its default "-- Select a folder -- "

Needless to say, I'd be much happier with the former. That's just a simple javascript problem. Troubleshooting a Flash button is going to give me the willies.

That's a British phrase, right? :)

Carbon Crayon

12 February 2009 at 5:13am

Edited: 12/02/2009 5:21am

hehehe 'The willies', very british, say it all the time ;)

the button I'm talking about is the upload button which is under the top section "upload from my computer". I click 'Add resources' and it opens the Iframe window. Then for a second I have a button that says 'upload' in this top section, but then it disappears. I can then select a folder to import from using the drop down in the bottom section so it loads the files in that folder and makes a second 'import' button appear (which works fine), then I go back to the dropdown default option of "--Select a folder--" and the upload button above appears again, but does nothing when clicked on.

If I then close the popup and open it again, the upload button does not appear at all, not even for a few seconds, but selecting a folder and then going back to the "--Select a folder--" will still make it appear, but it still wont do anything.

UncleCheese

12 February 2009 at 5:21am

Okay, well, for validation purposes, the upload button does not display until you select files to upload. Otherwise, you could upload an empty queue. Have you used the Flash button to select files? It should come back once you have a queue.

Carbon Crayon

12 February 2009 at 5:32am

Edited: 12/02/2009 5:33am

ahhh ok, thats the problem then, I don't have a flash button........(image attached)

I guess thats the one that was gonna give you the willies? :(

Attached Files
Carbon Crayon

12 February 2009 at 6:08am

Just tested it on my laptop on IE6, 7 and FF3 and the button is there, so it must be a linux or FF2 thing.

On linux flash items are really dodgy when it comes to zdepth and often they will obscure anything that should be on top of them (even in opaque w-mode), so perhaps this has something to do with it, although you would expect it to stay on top rather than dissapear....but with the popup iframe and stuff it could cause problems....? There is no fix for that issue as far as I know.