Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New Feature: Audio and Video

Go to End

150 Posts   38453 Views

Lamin Barrow

Community Member, 22 Posts

20 May 2009 at 12:57pm

I think the Video thumbnails arent displaying because you haven't got FFMEPG-PHP installed on your server. FFMEPG goes through the video you upload and it then grabs a shot from one of the frames that you specify and that is what is then available to you as a thumbnail.

He's using coda ( http://www.panic.com/coda/ ). A web development IDE for the Mac OS X. From what i have seen, it not really not that great especially from the intellisense side of things but hey that 's just my opinion.... lots of people like it.

One of the best and really powerful, cross-platform, free and open source web dev IDE i would recommend is called Aptana ( http://aptana.com ).. It's got great intellesene and many other awesome features and code development for many other languages (PHP, Ruby on Rails, Python etc) and platforms (Nokia and IPhone) are available as free plugins.

The only downside is that it tends to be heavy on memory so make sure that you have an extra 350MB of RAM. :)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

20 May 2009 at 12:59pm

Is FFMPEG installed? You can check by adding FLV::echo_ffmpeg_test() in your _config.php.

UncleCheese

20 May 2009 at 1:01pm

Ahh.. L Boy beat me to it. :)

Yeah, I use Coda.. Used to be kind of luke warm on it, but ever since they've integrated SVN I've been really happy.

I love Aptana, but if I'm not mistaken, it's Windows only, correct?

Coda is OSX only, BTW.

itsmeee

Community Member, 3 Posts

20 May 2009 at 3:49pm

This looks amazing! I'm a front end guy and I'm just sort of stumbling my way into coding so I'm having trouble getting started on making the files to make video work. I'll post lots of questions I'm sure :p

On an unrelated note, can you export your coda text themes and post a link? I've been trying to find something easy to read, and yours looks terrific!

UncleCheese

20 May 2009 at 4:48pm

Haha.. Funny, I actually can't take credit for those colors. A co-worker had them set up, and when I saw them, I had the same reaction and asked for an export, which I have now ported over to three different Coda installations. Background color is #222, text color #ddd. Remember to add .ss as a valid extension for PHP-HTML. Can't attach files to a reply, so I'll post in a new thread.

Remember to test your FFMPEG compliance with FLV::echo_ffmpeg_test();

UncleCheese

20 May 2009 at 4:52pm

Looks like this forum doesn't allow file attachments. Try this:

http://www.carlinowebdesign.com/assets/unclecheese_coda_colors.zip

itsmeee

Community Member, 3 Posts

20 May 2009 at 6:12pm

Sweet, thanks for the theme :)

Remember to test your FFMPEG compliance with FLV::echo_ffmpeg_test();

As for that, I'm not even close to figuring out how I do that. Like I said, I'm a front end guy. I know photoshop like the back of my hand, I know CSS & HTML really well, but php, and silverstripe coding is pretty new and scary to me. :p

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

21 May 2009 at 3:47am

When I test for ffmpeg in the _config.php file I see the report that says that it is not installed. However when I type ffmpeg from the command line I get a list of all the commands available to the program. I am using Leopard Server on an Intel Xserve so maybe I don't have it installed correctly.

Does anyone know how to properly install ffmpeg on OSX Server?