Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New Feature: Audio and Video

Go to End

150 Posts   38453 Views

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

7 July 2009 at 2:34am

In my post i mean how i can use new window popup for some player. not ajax popup as it is in dataobject manager.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

7 July 2009 at 2:59am

Well you can handle the presentation of the media any way you want on the template. All the module does is create the correct data relationships and do the legwork of converting the video to FLV for you and generate a thumbnail. Other than the basic Player and VideoPopup methods that come with it, there isn't a presentational component to the media features. You're welcome to handle it any way you want.

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

7 July 2009 at 3:04am

can u help me with some code??

draft

Community Member, 57 Posts

20 July 2009 at 5:36pm

Hi UncleCheese,

The module work great, except i can't cot the ffmpeg for the video thumbnail working. I'm using xampp for windows, am i still need to install ffmpeg or it's already build in?

If i debug it using FLV::echo_ffmpeg_test(); ,
it said " FFMPEG is installed on your server and working properly. Code: 1 "

Is that mean the ffmpeg setup correctly?

But if i check the ffmpeg log, it said like this
"[2009-07-20 13:30:49] ffmpeg
[2009-07-20 13:30:49] 'ffmpeg' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
"

And the thumbnail is not created, and gave me this error : Fatal error: Call to a member function CroppedImage() on a non-object

Please give me some explanation here..

Thx before,

Draft

UncleCheese

21 July 2009 at 2:15am

Hmm.. Well, the most likely case is that the test command is returning a false positive. It's a very difficult thing to test with PHP. The best way to test is to go to your command line and type "ffmpeg" and see what it returns. Sounds like you need to install it on your Linux sever.

draft

21 July 2009 at 3:37am

Hi,

Ok, i think i found what the problem.. First is because my xampp absolute path have some space, and it's weird that it make the ffmpeg.exe file can't be detect.
So for example my ffmpeg file in my xampp folder is : D:\My Comp\xampp\htdocs\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe
So i set on the config root : D:\My Comp\xampp\htdocs\ffmpeg\
But it's not working, but if i change it to My_Comp for example, it worked, but i need to change the code on flv.php, the change is :
//$process = proc_open($cmd, $descriptorspec, $pipes);
$process = @exec( $cmd, $ret );

Is it true what i have done? And do you know why absolute path containing space will not return a right value?

Is it easier to install ffmpeg on linux?

Thx uncle cheese..

UncleCheese

21 July 2009 at 3:46am

Yeah, this hasn't been tested for Windows systems, so I can't really speak to the problem in any educated manner. Glad it's working for you, tough.

draft

21 July 2009 at 7:55pm

Hi unclecheese,

Ok no problem, just will you help me to find a way so i can run the ffmpeg with relative path, because that's the only problem actually.

So here on dataobjectmanager/code/flv/flv.php

$cmd = self::$ffmpeg_root."ffmpeg -y -i ../../../assets/Uploads/gotalight.flv -an -s 640x480 -ss 1 -an -r 1 -vframes 1 -y -vcodec mjpeg -f mjpeg ../../../../assets/video_thumbnails/gotalight.jpg";

So that's what i try, with the assumption that i'm at dataobjectmanager/code/flv folder.. But it's not working, it said no such file or directory, so it mean i'm not pointing a correct path to assets/Uploads.gotalight.flv, when actually i have the file.

Can you help me with that? So i need the relative path to the file.

Thx,

Draft

Go to Top