Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problems migrating a test site to ss2.3.2 beta 1

Go to End

7 Posts   1791 Views

Moreno

Community Member, 4 Posts

16 May 2009 at 11:23am

Hi all!
I've tried to migrate my test site to Silverstripe 2.3.2 beta 1. In my site there is an Image gallery page.
I can't see my image in the site and if i try to add a new album i get an error from the server and the CMS stops to work.
Anybody made tests? DataObjectManager and ImageGallery needs to be upgraded?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

16 May 2009 at 11:32am

Uh-oh. I don't like the sound of this. Can anyone else confirm that DataObjectManager does not work in SS 2.3.2?

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

17 May 2009 at 7:13am

Hi uncleCheese
I did some testing, performing similar actions on both a clean 2.3.1 and 2.3.2b1 installation, using svn148 . What I did was test your example pages for DataObjectManager, FileDataObjectManager and ImageDataObjectManager (using bulkupload and importing from the datastore) Also created some albums, added images and checked the frontend.

As far as I can see everything that works in 2.3.1 still works for me in 2.3.2. So far so good :-)

However, while testing, I did find a couple of issues concerning DataObjectManager as well as ImageGallery, that are version independent, but might need fixing. Would you want me to post them here? Or open something new?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

17 May 2009 at 12:55pm

Edited: 17/05/2009 12:56pm

No, go ahead and post away! Thanks so much for your testing. I don't mind fixing bugs, but sniffing them out is getting tiresome for me, so I appreciate the help.

martimiz

18 May 2009 at 10:21pm

Edited: 18/05/2009 10:22pm

OK, this might be a recipe to create an album where the pictures will not be shown. I repeated this numerous times on versions 2.3.1 and 2.3.2b1, reloaded the repository and did it again, in Mozilla 3.0.10 (and IE6 as well). Only on some rare occasions the images suddenly did appear. So I either must have done something different by mistake there or this is some odd timing issue? Hope you can reproduce 'cause i've seen this question before on the forums...

1. Remove all gallery tables and do a fresh rebuild
2. Create new image gallery page
3. Create new album on top of the empty default album
4. Go directly to photo's
5. Select Add Images to "default album"
6. Upload two images
7. While adding captions, also select the 'Test' album in the albums dropdown
8. Click finish AND IMMEDIATELY save and publish the page
9. Now go and check the frontend:
10. Click the test album: No images are shown
11. Try to edit the images in the cms, I get a 'Trying to get property of non-object' error

martimiz

18 May 2009 at 10:32pm

This refers to the ImageDataObjectManager:

Using allowUploadFolderSelection, when trying to upload an image, I get a 'TypeError: document.getElementById(params[name]) is null' Javascript error. It seems that the FileDataObjectManager::Uploadform() is used to set the the dynamic postparam to 'FileDataObjectManager_Popup_UploadForm_UploadFolder', while for the ImageDataObjectManager the dropdown id is in fact set to 'ImageDataObjectManager_Popup_UploadForm_UploadFolder'.

martimiz

18 May 2009 at 10:55pm

This refers to the image-gallery frontend:
It's not really a bug - but empty albums show on the page (as in previous, next and on the albums collection page...). Wouldn't it be better to show only albums that have pictures?

This is about the Config settings for the image gallery:
If one or more of the settings are missing, the gallery page will complain with a GD error, I gues it would be an idea to check and use defaults in that case

Search field...
Still thinking about the sanitation issue for the search field. I didn't find that it crashed on mysql keywords as yet. I would have thought that checking on quotes would happen deep in the belly of silverstripe itself. I could solve/hack this, no problem, but I know it really should be done the Silverstripe way and unfortunately I'm still a long way from home in the Silverstripe API :-(