Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Feature Requests

Go to End

75 Posts   32295 Views

ImacSS

Community Member, 35 Posts

4 December 2009 at 9:03am

First, I want to thank you for a fantastic module. Including this module pretty much has saved my bacon on this current project.

One feature I would definately second (...third?) is to include the ability to manage times along with dates in a single field.

I was using the 'SSDatetime' field in a class and leveraging the 'PopupDateTimeField' form field to populate them. However, this does not appear to be compatible with the latest stable release of DataObjectManager (R333).

Thanks again Uncle Cheese, on a great addition to SilverStripe!

Andrew Houle

Community Member, 140 Posts

19 December 2009 at 8:33am

Hey UC. I was hoping you could add this simple function into ImageGalleryPage in the next rev...

public function MultipleAlbums()
	{
		if($this->Albums()->Count() > 1) {
			return true;
		}
		return false;
	}

I needed a function that checked for multiple albums so I could leave the style off the album page navigation if there was only one.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Andrew Houle

27 January 2010 at 5:02am

If this is already possible, I'm sorry I missed it, but here is my issue/feature request. I have added the 'Duplicate' permission to a dataobject, then I want to use the setPermissions function to arrange the permissions. Because by default the 'Duplicate' permissions shows up first and is therefore the default when an object is clicked. I'd like the 'Edit' functionality to come up when a object is clicked. I've tried this code...

$MyDO->addPermission("duplicate");
$MyDO->setPermissions(array('add','edit','duplicate','delete'));

Any ideas how I could force the 'duplicate' permission after 'edit'?

Thanks in advance.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

29 January 2010 at 10:11am

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that some of the actions go through the DataObjectManager_Action object and others don't. I'm going to work on this now and I'll post back when I have something to test.

MarijnKampf

Community Member, 176 Posts

29 January 2010 at 10:58pm

Great module UncleCheese!

I've got one feature / usability improvement request. When there are more items in the popup the Save button disappears from view (see image on left side). I've noticed a couple of users clicking on the close button thinking they saved the item. Is it possible to move the save / next / ... buttons to the footer?

See image on right hand side for proposed position of button.

Thanks.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

30 January 2010 at 2:45am

Make sure you're on the latest version. That update was made a long time ago.

Andrew Houle

11 February 2010 at 4:45am

I was hoping you could add the ability to add 'Spellchecker' (much like the paste options) to the TinyMCE WYSIWYG in the DOM.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

timwjohn

Community Member, 98 Posts

21 March 2010 at 4:55am

Edited: 21/03/2010 4:59am

Hi Uncle Cheese,

I'm really loving the DOM classes. They are the future.

I would like more control over the pagination and page size controls. Firstly, could you bind setPageSize() and setPerPageMap(), so that the pageSize is reflected in PerPageDropdown, and inserted in per_page_map if the value doesn't already exist. Currently they seem to work independently, so setPageSize() overrides the PerPageDropdown.

Also, could you make it so that setting setPerPageMap to an empty array and setUseViewAll to false will hide PerPageDropdown, and just use the default or set pageSize. Might as well, as the currently you just get an empty PerPageDropdown.

Finally, could you make use of setShowPagination? It would be great if setting setShowPagination to false would remove pagination controls and PerPageDropdown, automatically setting pageSize to 'All' (9999).

I like how DOM is getting more and more customisable, as is SilverStripe - and I think these features would enhance this further.

Thanks UC!

P.S. I second the 'select all' request too.

P.P.S. I'm currently using the 2.3 branch with SS 2.4 Beta 2 due to the 'missing argument 3' error I was getting with ModelAdmin.