Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Add dataobject id's to session, then output to page

Go to End

3 Posts   1900 Views

NickJacobs

Community Member, 148 Posts

4 June 2009 at 5:36pm

Hi, I have a site which uses dataobjectmanager to list products. What I need to do is, when browsing products in the front end, be able to click on the product (or an add to cart link) which adds it to the session (ideally without leaving the page - ajax?), then when I go to the Orders page, all those products I have chosen are listed and then I can send it off by email to the site owner.

Has anyone done something like this??

thanks in anticipation
nick

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

5 June 2009 at 1:31am

You can certainly do it, but it's more code than I want to write up in a forum post. Why don't you post what you have and We could give you some tips?

Also, is there a reason why you're not using the Ecomm module for such functionality?

NickJacobs

Community Member, 148 Posts

5 June 2009 at 9:04am

Thanks unclecheese
To be honest it's one of those jobs that I've put off for a while just because its a little daunting and I'm not sure where to start :) so, I was just fishing for some ideas or pointers in the right direction:)

I havn't used the ecomm module because at the start it was just a product listing (with lots of products) and DataObjectManager worked really well for what we wanted. the site in question is here: http://allentrading.co.nz/product-catalogue. plus, we don't need to actually sell anything, just adding to session so they can make a further enquiry.

I'll see how far I get...