Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

ImageGallery: No images display after uploading website to server

Go to End

13 Posts   4873 Views

AdamJ

Community Member, 145 Posts

9 June 2009 at 4:16am

I was developing a SS site locally on Wamp, and have just uploaded it to a Linux server. Apart from the CamelCase table names, it uploaded perfectly fine. However none of the images previously attached using the image gallery module display. When I view them directly, it comes up with the page not found page.

The site is http://www.babyhorrigan.com

Any ideas?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

9 June 2009 at 4:37am

Did you migrate your assets folder? Go to your File table, and ensure the filename in the database matches an existing file on the server.

AdamJ

9 June 2009 at 11:44am

Yep, I migrated the assets folder. All links are exactly the same. When I go directly to an image in my browser, its exactly the same as it is on the server. Just won't display any.

AdamJ

9 June 2009 at 9:06pm

UC: I installed a fresh SS on my server and added the dataobject_manager, swfupload and image_gallery modules. Then added a gallery page, and tried to upload some images. It uploaded the images, but when it went to add the details to each image, it wouldnt display the thumbnails. The images have uploaded, and have resampled too, but the cms just can't seem to find them. If you want, I could email you the login details and you could see if you can see anything wierd going on?

UncleCheese

10 June 2009 at 3:10am

Check the markup and see if an image tag is being drawn at all. If it is, check the src and see that the file exists.

AdamJ

10 June 2009 at 3:46am

It creates an image tag in the markup, the src matches a file that exists on the server at that exact path. It just doesn't want to display them!

UncleCheese

10 June 2009 at 3:56am

Permissions?

AdamJ

10 June 2009 at 12:05pm

What should the permissions be?

Go to Top