Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

A constant barrage of nnoying problems from Image gallery

Go to End

4 Posts   2059 Views

OutrunTheWolf

Community Member, 34 Posts

28 June 2009 at 1:44am

Hello all,

Can anyone help me with a little problem i am having with Silverstripe.

Installs fine.

The errors come when I use the image gallery module. If I want to upload an image via the image gallery, it uploads the image, but as the finish button comes up, the page turns white, with no buttons or anything on it.

If it does manage to upload an image (and every now and then it does) the image previews are just broken URL images.

The gallery had a severe attack of its problem today, and now I can see the website, but can't login to the admin, it just displays a blank page.

I also tried uploading the images via silverstripe file upload, then link to them in the image gallery upload, that merely results in different blank screens and missing images. I've tried re-installing several times, and clearing the database, but it never seems to alleviate the problem.

Can anyone help shed some light on the subject

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

28 June 2009 at 4:12am

They're all issues I've never heard of before, and this module has a lot of users. Are you using the SVN checkout? That tends to be the best way to get the most up to date code. If your site is public, please provide a login to the admin so I can replicate the issue. Thanks.

OutrunTheWolf

Community Member, 34 Posts

3 July 2009 at 4:13am

I understand where these problems are coming from, just a stupid mistake on my behalf.

If I try and upload an image over 1.5-2MB it causes these interesting side effects. I don't know whether this is because my server only has 32MB dedicated to SS, or an actual problem with SS itself.

So if anyone else has the same problems, try reducing the size of your images you upload.

Thanks

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

3 July 2009 at 4:51am

Most shared hosting configurations have a 2M upload_max_filesize set, but SWFUpload is set up to disallow any file that exceeds your max upload size. Maybe you were right on the edge. Glad it's working for you, though.