Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SOLVED "Add xxxx" button not displaying

Go to End

5 Posts   1346 Views

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

17 August 2009 at 10:59am

Edited: 18/08/2009 7:30pm

Hi all,

I have an issue where I have a dataobjectmanager installed and working well on my computer and several others.

However, the client has just rung to say that she cannot see any of the "Add [Dataobject name" buttons on the CMS. She has provided a screenshot and I can confirm that there is just a blank white area where the button should be.

Yes she has flash installed. And I have had her clear her cache in Firefox.

Any ideas?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

17 August 2009 at 11:25am

The only condition on that display is the "Add" permission. Make sure you haven't removed it. It should be on by default. If you can, check the markup and make sure it's being drawn. If it's not, it's definitely a permission issue.

Double-A-Ron

17 August 2009 at 2:01pm

Hi UncleCheese. Can you tell me what you mean by the "Add" permission? Both logged in users are setup as administrators. I can see it, the client can't.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

18 August 2009 at 1:03am

Edited: 18/08/2009 1:04am

Well, you can set $dom_field->setPermissions(array('add','edit','delete')); for instance. By default, all the perms are on. One thing to check would be to pull the <% if can(add) %> checkpoint out of DataObjectManager.ss and see if it makes a difference.

If it does, you need to use setPermissions() to get that condition to pass.

Also, make sure the markup is not being drawn. it could be that the markup is on the page but a CSS bug is causing it not to display.

Double-A-Ron

18 August 2009 at 7:30pm

Thanks mate.

Found the problem. The customer was logging in using a different user in a different group. The page was set to only be editable by administrators in the CMS.

Cheers
Aaron