Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Thank you Uncle Cheese!

Go to End

12 Posts   4866 Views

MarcusDalgren

Community Member, 288 Posts

1 September 2009 at 9:25pm

I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work with all the awesome modules you have created.

Without them I would not have been able to finish the project I've been working on for a customer in time and you bring great and necessary funtionality to SilverStripe.

The latest release with nested dataobjectmanager and a working datepickerfield outside of popups is just too good to be true. I have been using my own hack to get the datepickerfield working but now with an official patch I can finally throw that ugly hack out the window and go for the officially sanctioned version.

The nested dataobjectmanager opens up a whole new world for managing more advanced relationships which has been kind of a choking point for me with Silverstripe. There are ways around it but the solution you have made is the most intuitive one and the way the user expects it to work.

Also your support is by far the best on these forums which is kind of ironic considering you do this in your spare time and the Silverstripe developers actually get paid for their work. You answer quickly and helpfully, they generally don't answer at all.

Once again, thank you!

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

2 September 2009 at 6:41am

I second that :)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

2 September 2009 at 10:58am

Hey, thanks, guys! That really means a lot. I do put a lot of time into SS mostly because I enjoy doing it, but also because I really believe in the product. It's definitely encouraging to receive feedback like that and know that my efforts don't go unrecognized.

Smurkas, I may want to collect your info if it's alright with you and use your comment as a testimonial on my website.

Keep it up, guys! See you around the forums!

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

5 September 2009 at 4:46am

I third that :)

I am using the nested DOM on a project now and I really don't know what ugly solution I would have had to come up with without it. Not a project goes by that I don't use the DOM in some form.

I would suggest that you have made the single largest contribution to the SS community that I have seen in the 12months I have been a part of it.

Thank you Unclecheese :) :)

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

8 September 2009 at 9:06pm

"I would suggest that you have made the single largest contribution to the SS community "

+1

Thanks UC

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

9 September 2009 at 5:07am

YAY! Thanks UncleCheese for all your awesome modules and your help to the community. Big Kudos from me!
You're truly a SilverStripe Code Wizard
To illustrate that, I created an image, showing UncleCheese working on SilverStripe Modules.... there you go:

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

9 September 2009 at 8:31am

Wonderful initiative!

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

9 September 2009 at 8:39am

lol, awsome! :)

Go to Top