Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Import from existing folder – trouble...

Go to End

5 Posts   1526 Views

joelg

Community Member, 134 Posts

19 October 2009 at 10:22pm

Hi UncleCheese and others

I'm trying to import files from an existing folder, but get an error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function hasValue() on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/pulsart/galleripulsart.dk/test/silverstripe-cache/.cache.hsphere.local.home.pulsart.galleripulsart.dk.test.dataobject_manager.templates.DataObjectManager_popup.ss on line 35

By the way, I'm using Silverstripe 2.3.3 on a Mac os X, however the problem also shows up on Windows with internet explorer. I've tried to modify folder-permissions, but this doesn't have any impact.

Got a clue?

Joel

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

20 October 2009 at 1:42am

Tough to say. Does that happen when you choose a folder from the dropdown, or after your select files and click the "import" button?

Does it happen with every file you try to import? Even ones from other folders? My best guess is that somehow files are making it into the list that are not actually in your filesystem.

Try clicking on the Files & Images tab to sync the filesystem to the database and then come back to it.

joelg

20 October 2009 at 2:29am

Hi Unclec...

It happends after I've selected the files and press "import".

Afterwards the files actually shows up in the DataObjectManager window, that is when I've pressed the close button, however the pictures are missing.

The error happends wether I import one, two or all files from a folder. And it happends on all folders...

joelg

21 October 2009 at 11:29pm

Hi Unclecheese

You haven't got any idea?

I've checked with the database and everything there gets imported, so I guess it's just the file that doesn't get copied. Could this be the problem and what can I do to debug it?

Thanks

Joel

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 October 2009 at 1:29am

Edited: 22/10/2009 1:30am

The only thing I can offer you at this point is to have me go in and take a look at what might be going on. You can contact me through my website to schedule a time to commission the work.