Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Add a DataObject Type to the WYSIWG Link Selector

Go to End

4 Posts   2598 Views

brice

Community Member, 52 Posts

31 October 2009 at 4:51am

I'd like the ability for the CMS user to add link to a particular [dataObject] when editing page content.

Is it possible to add a DataObject Type to the WYSIWYG Link Selector? For example: I've create an "Authors" Class which extends DataObject.

The CMS user would click the TinyMCE link icon, which opens the right frame sidebar. Currently the Link Selector reads the following radio boxes:

Link To:

+ Page On Site
+ Another Website
+ Anchor
+ ...

I would like to add "Author" to this radio selection, and then pop down a list of authors similar to the "Page On Site" feature.

Any ideas? :)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

31 October 2009 at 5:07am

That's a stretch, considering that DataObject subclasses don't have links by default. You can give them a Link() function, but that assumes you've set up a framework for displaying them on your holder page.

Anything's possible, though. I would love to see Silverstripe open up that part of the CMS a little more. Right now it's just a black box.

erwanpia

Community Member, 63 Posts

31 October 2009 at 5:30am

"Right now it's just a black box."

considering your contribution to Silverstripe, UncleCheese, you've already fallen in that mysterious black box.

Is it really that black in there ? How do we get in ? any light out ? Anyway my customers don't care they think it's fun :)

brice

Community Member, 52 Posts

31 October 2009 at 10:16am

I see. I'll check into this when time avails!