Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Shop and error when editing catalog

Go to End

15 Posts   4865 Views

markguinn

Community Member, 27 Posts

14 July 2015 at 11:59pm

I've added an issue for this in Github (https://github.com/burnbright/silverstripe-shop/issues/355). MCK & Dorsai - would you mind having a look at that issue and adding any other information you've discovered? One of our goals for SS Shop over the next 6-12 months is to improve that initial experience of starting a new site and learning the module.

I'd also love to hear any other feedback about how it went in your case and what could have made it easier or less painful here, or via email (mark at adaircreative.com) or at https://gitter.im/burnbright/silverstripe-shop. Thanks!

MCK

Community Member, 18 Posts

15 July 2015 at 2:02pm

I setup the website again on a different development environment and editing the catalog worked fine so I have no idea what is causing it (and whether or not it has been fixed).
A somewhat related question: is it possible to edit the catalog products without having to edit individual products? For example, filtering the catalog to get a subset of products and then being able to delete the ones found?

markguinn

15 July 2015 at 9:55pm

Interesting. Was it still MAMP, just a clean install? Or was it a different setup (windows or vagrant or something)?

Regarding your other question, that's not a feature that's built into shop at all but it's easy enough to set up using this module: https://github.com/markguinn/silverstripe-gridfieldmultiselect

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

15 July 2015 at 10:27pm

Try searching addons.silverstripe.org for something like a bulk edit component for gridfield.
Add this component to the gridfields in question.

I'm not aware of something from the top of my head, but I'm sure there's something out there :)

MCK

16 July 2015 at 9:18am

I have gone back to my original development environment and the catalog is now able to be edited properly so it is now doubly confusing.

I have downloaded your gridfieldmultiselect module—thank you very much. In which Shop file should I add the $gridFieldConfig->addComponents information to just affect the shop Catalog? I am having a hard job working out how the Catalog is being generated (ignorance on my part I am sure).

markguinn

16 July 2015 at 9:44am

The catalog stuff is controlled from ProductCatalogAdmin. You have two options really.

1. Subclass ProductCatalogAdmin and override getEditForm. Essentially copy and paste the same method in ModelAdmin and add the code you want. You'd need to the remove ProductCatalogAdmin from the CMS menu (easy to do - just google it) and your new class would take it's place.
2. Make an extension class for ProductCatalogAdmin and implement updateEditForm. You'd then need to use fieldByName to locate the gridfield and add the component to it.

Hope that helps! #1 is probably easiest to pull off.

MCK

16 July 2015 at 11:26am

Thanks Mark—that worked perfectly after a bit of Googling to get it to apply just to the Products.

Go to Top