Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Ooh jumped the gun a bit I think ....

Go to End

7 Posts   1910 Views

martbarr

Community Member, 59 Posts

24 November 2015 at 11:30am

Redfaced - just upgraded a major site to 3.2.1 and all looking great.
Forgot to check the ecommerce version though and can't find a 3.2 version.
It looks like it might work but some GDBackend grumbles - I can sort those temporarily I expect, but as we are live I'd prefer an official 3.2 version - or do I plan to downgrade to 3.1 - if such a thing is possible?

Any thoughts? - besides what an idiot to upgrade without fully checking !

Thanks
Martin

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

25 November 2015 at 11:37am

Hey Martin,

Which Ecommerce addon are you using?
There are still a large amount of addons that have not made the transition to SS 3.2 yet, majority should work anyway.

If you are looking to downgrade on the other hand, this shouldn't be a terribly difficult task.
You can simply remove and replace the framework, cms, siteconfig and reports folders and replace them with the framework and cms folders from 3.1.
Then "/dev/build?flush=1", that should roll you back to 3.1.

-helenclarko

martbarr

25 November 2015 at 11:45am

Hi Helen,
Thanks for the replay - a bit quiet in here isn't it?
I have a feeling there is a better forums to ask these questions in but lost my link.
I'm just using ecommerce and written my own delivery and payment payment bits.
I would like to install with composer and cant find a way.
I think I will dowload the dev-master (which seems to be version 5.1..2 from gitbug and havd a copy it into root and try on a test server?
If that works well enough then I might risk it, else like you say will just downgrade and let the db sort itself with a dev/build
My CMS editors at work are loving 3.2 though so would be a shame!
Will let you know what I find.
(I've already found that ecommerce 3..1 via composer wont work on php 5.5.9 as found in ubuntu 14.04 as it falls over on empty strings being passwed as array parameters in ShoppingCart::* and also GD needs changing to GDBackedn in Product_Image - might work wth a bit of tlc )
thanks
Martin

martbarr

25 November 2015 at 11:50am

PS just noticed that there is a 3.2 composer version on github but looks to be a way behind the latest release so not sure about the numbering.
Might try that and see - it installs with composer OK, but not dared run it up yet until I snapshot my server (digitalOcean rocks!)
cheers Martin

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

25 November 2015 at 12:12pm

Hi Martin,

Yea the forums are unusually quiet at the moment, I think SS is working on ways to better use/communicate with users at the moment.
For now, the best place to ask questions would be over on the IRC channel: http://irc.silverstripe.org/

It looks like the Silverstripe Ecommerce module is still being updated which is great (last updated 20 hours ago), but the last "release" was a month ago.
Ofter downloading the Master is not the safest thing to do, as these may not be stable.
Have you tried the latest release: https://github.com/sunnysideup/silverstripe-ecommerce/releases/tag/5.0.2

-helenclarko

martbarr

26 November 2015 at 4:10am

Edited: 26/11/2015 4:16am

Have found a bit more hidden away in the change log for 3.2
"In the past E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR would be ignored, and now correctly appear as warnings." -
And the warning stop the code at the familiar debug screen
This means that some little ecommerce coding bugs pop out - for example under 3.1 we got away with passing a string into a function variable that was really an array, for example:-
In ecommerce/code/Product.php

public function OrderItem() {
                $filter = "";
                $extendedFilter = $this->extend('updateItemFilter', $filter);
                if($extendedFilter !== null && is_array($extendedFilter) && count($extendedFilter)) {
                        $filter = $extendedFilter;
                }
                //make the item and extend
                $item = ShoppingCart::singleton()->findOrMakeItem($this, $filter);

but arg 2 for findOrMakeItem is an array so in 3.1 it gets away with it and not in 3.2

So I just need to fix up some code in Product.php and ShoppingCart.php and the GD variable in Product_Image is GD and should be GDBackend to match the definition in framework's Image.php
Will have a go as it looks like it might work after a few of these little tidy ups.
Thanks for the pointers earlier
Martin

martbarr

27 November 2015 at 6:38am

Getting there - just spent all afternoon working out why OrderForm;php $member->validate() crashed with fatal DataExtension error.
Then found that Member::validate() function is protected in 3.2.1

It was public in 3.1 and is public again in my 3.2.1 :-)
And shop working again but untested in the small details.....
cheers
Martin