Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

What is the current eCommerce module status?

Go to End

25 Posts   6039 Views

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

27 May 2010 at 8:31am

Willr can you tell me what version payment module you are using?
I can't seem to set any ecommerce settings without error, even just the paypal that you posted (that i see are the same as listed in the ecom modules docs page).

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

27 May 2010 at 1:07pm

DsX I am using the latest version of everything (2.4, ecommerce and payment).

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

27 May 2010 at 3:05pm

can you please confirm if you are using the latest release or trunk versions of each?
I can't currently get the latest release of payment working with the ecom trunk, but have been successful with the 2.0 branch of payments.
My SS is the latest 2.4 release.

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

7 July 2010 at 9:46pm

Oh ecommerce and Silver Stripe what a head ache LOL.
I almost had the old v0.5.4 (I think) working but then got some odd errors from the PayPalPayment class, namely not updating order status to completed upon return.
After realising ecommerce and payment module latest releases (svn) are designed to work hand in hand, I set up both of those on a local set up (ss2.4) and get the same
Object of class Money could not be converted to double
Which seems to through more confusion in the works for me :)
Also the I can't really get my head around configuring the beast I had similar config settings those that willr posted
Payment::set_supported_methods(array(
'PayPalPayment' => 'PayPal'
));
But DPS still seems to default.
From the last few days of experimenting the best luck I've had so far is with the current "stable" release of ecommerce module v0.5.4 all seems to work pretty nicely except the PayPalPayment class needs to be updated.

Sorry this isn't really a question or an answer, more just a vent.

TotalNet

Community Member, 181 Posts

8 July 2010 at 9:45am

Hi Bambii7

In your last post you said you were using v2.3.7, for v2.4.0 there is a module being maintained by the community, it's discussed here:
http://www.silverstripe.org/e-commerce-module-forum/show/285221

hope that helps

Rich

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

8 July 2010 at 11:45am

Thanks TotalNet!,
I was using SS2.3.x only because I thought it was needed for the old v0.5.4 ecommerce module to work. Thanks for pointing out that forum post, it's tricky some times to filter through this forum.

GRiiDWeb

Community Member, 60 Posts

25 July 2010 at 6:38am

Hi Will,
You're a clever chap, have you made any fixes yourself to ecommerce 2.4? I've installed and tried and it still has similar faults to the previous versions. I'm sure you wouldn't want to use it as it currently is.
In the UK I have quite a demand for a stable ecommerce system within a CMS. Working for a company that used to charge 1200 GBP for their sites, had a very basic ecommerce that did not meet customer expectations. If the ecommerce module was stable and the product variations worked without the errors, it would knock the spots off what they produced as a commercial application.
Is it possible that the Silverstripe guys could support it again rather than everyone picking at the current module trying to make it perform?
If a developer could put together everyones fixes and make sense of those that work and have something less 'buggy', I'm sure the community would kiss that person's feet. Could that person be you?
Thanks

Thanks also to Bambii7 who has come up with some little fixes that have helped me so far.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 July 2010 at 12:58pm

Is it possible that the Silverstripe guys could support it again rather than everyone picking at the current module trying to make it perform?
If a developer could put together everyones fixes and make sense of those that work and have something less 'buggy', I'm sure the community would kiss that person's feet. Could that person be you?

GriidWeb - Jez and Nicolaas are tackling the ecommerce module. See http://code.google.com/p/silverstripe-ecommerce/ if you would like to contribute to that (suggestions, investment or ideas) get in touch with them and I'm sure they would love to hear from you. I think for the short term future anyway using that will be your best bet and I'll be contributing fixes to that when I do my next ecommerce site.