Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

What is the current eCommerce module status?

Go to End

25 Posts   6039 Views

GRiiDWeb

Community Member, 60 Posts

25 July 2010 at 8:20pm

Thanks for your reply Will.
I'm looking forward to their latest fixes from them. For me, it's the last stumbling block to having my ideal CMS system. The main issues are the complications in setting up payment providers. It would be great if the community could build in a method or area within the config settings that is more obvious to populate with the Paypal, Worldpay and other provider settings.
My main issue is I'm not a expert developer, but I'm not someone who just wants to add content, I could use Word Press for that, however, it would be nice for more obvious instructions of where the basics 'fit'.
Thanks again and I'll take your advice and put forward constructive ideas of what the previous clients expected from the ecommerce on their CMS sites.
For your info, this is a list I compiled from my client base before I was cast out from the company -

The option to use Worldpay, Paypal or Sagepay.
Support for more than one account
Product variations that can be added per product (size, qty, colour, etc)
Shipping cost and Tax than can be added per product(different none profit sectors don't pay tax on events, but do on products, so have to have this switchable)
Quantity discounting - this is a big one in that the more someone orders, each item after the first is discounted either by a set amount or by a percentage.

Hope this is useful to all. If it's useful to pass on to others, that would be great

Thanks again
Paul

Go to Top