Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

What is the current eCommerce module status?

Go to End

25 Posts   6039 Views

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

23 May 2010 at 3:42pm

Great.
I have now upgraded to 2.4 and have ecom, payments, and the payment test mod installed and most seems to be working (other than a odd artifacts in my links)

an example of how my links are being produced. If you have any thoughts??

<a href="/products/example-product-group/" title="<% sprintf(_t("GOTOPAGE","Go to the %s page"),Example product group) %>" class="link levela"><span><em>Example product group</em></span></a>

Do you think you could share with me what config settings are needed to get PayPal setup? Are they the same as from the old ecom module, but put into the config for the payments mod?

I appreciate your help here... the ecom part of this site, and the multi-language are the 2 that I knew would give me trouble.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 May 2010 at 5:13pm

That would appear to be a link to a product group - not sure what your question is about the links. The sprintf and _t call is for translating the text "Go to page".

This is the specific paypal config I used for payment.

Payment::set_supported_methods(array(
	'BankDepositPayment' => 'Bank Deposit',
	'PayPalPayment' => 'PayPal'
));

if(Director::isLive()) {
	PayPalPayment::set_account_email('live paypal details');
}
else {
	PayPalPayment::set_test_mode('my test mode details');
}

I also have a bunch of other configs for tax etc.

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

23 May 2010 at 8:25pm

See here: http://doc.silverstripe.org/modules:ecommerce#shoppingcart

have you used 0.6 version or trunk version? I've a problem on Database class not found.

Thank you

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 May 2010 at 8:29pm

@biapar I simply use the latest build of ecommerce trunk (no idea when 0.6 was tagged off). All the instances of Database should have been renamed to DB. This is one of the small pieces of work that has happened to the module in the last year - http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/90106/modules/ecommerce/trunk

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

24 May 2010 at 3:12am

ramshackle

Community Member, 22 Posts

26 May 2010 at 9:45pm

Hi Willr,

I am setting up a small ecommerce site and have the ecommerce/payment modules set up with PayPal as you have described here, however, when I click on the 'place order and make payment' button, I get an error page with 'Object of class Money could not be converted to double' and 'POST /Silverstripe/checkout/OrderForm Line 2112 in C:\wamp\www\Silverstripe\sapphire\core\model\DataObject.php'

Any ideas on what this means / how to fix?

Cheers

DsX

27 May 2010 at 8:03am

regarding my problem with the links... I found another thread that implies that the use of embedded quotes in the alt tags is creating invalid html and causing strange output from windows servers (i'm on xammp - windows)
It sure makes it ugly .. would changing char encoding fix it?

DsX

27 May 2010 at 8:28am

ramshackle have you had any luck with this? I have the same problem, and I suspect that it is related to what version of the payment module we are using.. .
What version do you have?
I can't seem to find the version number in my payments folder?