Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Working on e-commerce for SS 2.4

Go to End

121 Posts   27698 Views

Mat Weir

Community Member, 33 Posts

12 September 2010 at 4:08pm

Mat Weir

12 September 2010 at 4:14pm

And does anyone have the shopping cart in the column working?

CHD

Community Member, 219 Posts

14 September 2010 at 4:20am

nope neither are stable!
im using http://silverstripe-ecommerce.googlecode.com/svn/branches/burnbright

the site works pretty well. i wont lie, it wasnt easy getting to where i am now. but then again, im an SS newbie!

issues:
the receipt emails all still say order is "incomplete". but if you refresh the page, a new email is sent saying "complete" so not sure whats going on there...
the stock management doesnt seem to work at all.
i think featured products is down too in this version.
also paypal was a b*tch to setup. you'll need to follow my previous posts to work it out if you want to use it!
think thats about all i've come across. handing the site over to my client soon... she's bound to be calling me within 5 minutes with a long list of bugs.

i have another (much larger) eCommerce project in the pipeline, i thiink its too big for SS, i'll try my luck at magento.

let me know how you get on...and what you're working on!

Mat Weir

14 September 2010 at 11:15am

I've actually switched over to http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/modules/ecommerce/trunk/, it seems to be stable and works out of the box so far. I haven't included payments yet though.

CHD

Community Member, 219 Posts

14 September 2010 at 11:19am

Yeah i think things only get difficult when you add payments.
Can i see the site you're working on?

Mat Weir

14 September 2010 at 11:38am

I'll have this one online end of the week, will post a link for you.

I built http://www.iconicadventures.co.nz two months ago, which uses sells events (dataobjects) and add-ons (product pages) through the ecommerce module. You'll need to sign up to see the event registration process, but just hit the Facebook login button, it's easy enough.

That was using the same trunk from silverstripe's SVN with a few fixes/modifications but the trunk version itself seems to be more compatible with 2.4 now even though it's not officially supported anymore.

GRiiDWeb

Community Member, 60 Posts

19 September 2010 at 8:05am

Edited: 19/09/2010 8:06am

The side bar infomation has gone with the latest updates. I can't spot where the issue is. When adding the item to basket, a nice little sidebar basket ifo appeared. This is no longer the case. Has anyone got a fix or should we just wait until a further release?

Thanks

dfnetchii

Community Member, 10 Posts

23 September 2010 at 9:36pm

Can anyone give me some suggestions / walk through on setting up a shipping flatrate on all items that would be added on checkout for burnbright svn ? Cheers for any help!