Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

extende product variations problem, cannot create variations

Go to End

9 Posts   3450 Views

mattconfusion

Community Member, 48 Posts

14 June 2010 at 8:51pm

I'm using the 0.6.1 beta of e commerce with ss 2.4. The module extendedproductvaraiations seems to work globally, but i cannot create the variations sleceted from the variations list on the Product Variation tab in the Product editor. I click on createvariations and seems to go, got the silverstripe logo but when the page is reloaded is not even on that tab, and obviously no variations are created.
any suggestions?

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

14 June 2010 at 11:44pm

Have you downloaded last trunk?

mattconfusion

15 June 2010 at 6:55pm

Edited: 15/06/2010 6:55pm

yeah, and problems seem rather odd... I create a variation Option Group, then add Vaiation options...in the varation options tab the system asks for extended product variations, which let's you add text, price and choose a product from the dropdown menu. ok, then we go to the product we need to manage, product variation tab, it asks you which option group you want for your product and then i assume that weith "Create variations" you can actually add the variation to your product. nothing happens.
and that's not all. if we skip the create variations step, on our product we can actually see a dropdown menu with the choices we have entered, if we DO create variations, this drop down shows only the name of the product and the extende product variations we entered are disappeared from variation option tab.

try it, because it's an useful extension but it's not working and there is no documentation about it, not even what could be the correct workflow to operate with variation (i could have done something wrong, but who knows with no docs?)

mattconfusion

15 June 2010 at 7:08pm

when doing tests with adding in some ways choices what i get as answer is:

[User Error] Versioned::get_version: Couldn't get ProductVariation.14, version 0

Source

904 Versioned::set_reading_mode('');
906 $baseTable = ClassInfo::baseDataClass($class);
907 $query = singleton($class)->buildVersionSQL("\"{$baseTable}\".\"RecordID\" = $id AND \"{$baseTable}\".\"Version\" = $version");
908 $record = $query->execute()->record();
909 $className = $record['ClassName'];
910 if(!$className) {
911 Debug::show($query->sql());
912 Debug::show($record);
913 user_error("Versioned::get_version: Couldn't get $class.$id, version $version", E_USER_ERROR);
914 }
916 Versioned::set_reading_mode($oldMode);
917 return new $className($record);
918 }

biapar

15 June 2010 at 10:10pm

Which version do you use?

mattconfusion

15 June 2010 at 10:20pm

last trunk r2155 if i recall correctly. I guess I'm going to abandon the extension module and extend the usual e commerce beta

biapar

16 June 2010 at 5:42am

but into the last trunk ( not downlodaded from extensions section ) there is already extension.

GRiiDWeb

Community Member, 60 Posts

27 June 2010 at 10:37am

Edited: 27/06/2010 10:38am

Hi,
I'm getting frustrated with e-commerce product variations module to get it to perform. Has anyone mastered this module and could point me in the right direction with the PHP?
Currently I have version 2.3.3 installed.

E-commerce is now working after a fashion with PayPal, however it's buggy and not passing the product description to the PayPal page. Any ideas/solutions gratefully received

Go to Top