Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

How i got the latest eCommerce trunk to work with paypal

Go to End

39 Posts   11100 Views

marc79

Community Member, 65 Posts

16 June 2011 at 12:48am

I am getting closer. I have been able to change the $ to a £ by changing line 20 in the Currency.php file buried deep within the core of the site:

Sapphire > Core > model > fieldtypes > Currency.php.

Scary stuff but it worked.

I have also realised I was using the wrong two letter country code, DOH. So the postage settings work now I am using GB not UK.

However, it still only works if I am logged in with an account that has been set as being in the UK, so that the country is know and pre-populated when they arrive at the checkout page.

Is there a way to have the shipping cost recalculate when/after you select the Country in the Personal Information section? Or do I need to have the user specify this before they add the item to the cart or use some kind of IP detection?

Thanks

Marc

GRiiDWeb

Community Member, 60 Posts

16 June 2011 at 1:08am

Hi,
Glad you are getting closer. I'm in work and not able to get to my files here.
The shipping modifiers and country codes will be more advanced programming than I would ever be able to do. Recognising IP address is pretty advanced stuff. I fell into the UK/GB trap as well.
I had thoought/hoped that setting the country should set the shipping costs. I've not tested completely, but rolled out a live online store to see what happens in a live environment. A risk, I know, but may help Jedateach if I can give real-time feedback
Site is www.christinegerard.co.uk

The £ in the core is a good call and does take some finding.

GW

marc79

16 June 2011 at 1:19am

Hi GW,

Thanks for your post. Yeah, I don't want to head down the IP detection road as am sure it wouldn't be easy to say the least.

I've just has a look at your site tho and when I change country on the checkout page all the oder information greys out, and appears to be recalculating the prices and totals, which is what is NOT happening on my site.

Do you remember if you had to do anything special to get that working? I think if I can get that to work I will be sorted.

Thanks again for your post, especially while at work!

Marc

GRiiDWeb

16 June 2011 at 1:28am

I'm using this in a live environment and not in DEV or on a WAMP.
It seems that some of the server side functions may require this. I'm also using the new payment_paypal module on top of the standard payment module.
These may have something to do with it.

marc79

16 June 2011 at 1:46am

Thanks GW.

I will trying moving the site to a live server to see if that has an impact. I've downloaded the PayPalExpressCheckoutPayment module is that the one you've got.

Marc

marc79

16 June 2011 at 3:59am

Sadly still no luck. Jedateach can you help?

The issue I am having is that the Order Information section doesn't seem to reload when I change the country in the Personal Information section.

GRiiDWeb shared a link to his site and I can see it working there, the info greys out and refreshes after selecting a new country.

Also, does the ecommerce module support selling digital downloads such as MP3's. My client is also asking about this!

Thanks

Marc

GRiiDWeb

16 June 2011 at 7:43am

I'm sorry it's not wotking for you.
I'm looking over my files and config settings and there is nothing unusual or extra over and above what you have already done.
As before, I have set to 'live' and added -

Director::set_environment_type("live");

GW

marc79

16 June 2011 at 7:56am

Edited: 16/06/2011 8:25am

Thanks for taking the time to have a look. I've set the environment to live.

I have also just been looking at the code of your site via firebug and found that your site is using some js files that mine isn't referencing even tho they are there.

From the ecommerce folder I am only using CheckoutPage.js and ecommerce.js where as your site is using Cart.js, EcomQuantityField.js, EcommercePayment.js OrderForm.js and OrderFormWithShippingAddress.js

So clearly something is not adding up!

Cheers

Marc

EDIT----

Actually I have just realised that not all those js files are in my ecommerce > Javascript folder