Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

How i got the latest eCommerce trunk to work with paypal

Go to End

39 Posts   11100 Views

marc79

Community Member, 65 Posts

18 June 2011 at 2:47am

A fresh install of 0.8.2 seems to have done it (was previously using 0.8.1). With the payment module of course and PaypalExpressCheckoutPayment.

My config file looks like this:

// copy the lines below to your mysite/_config.php file and set as required.
// __________________________________START ECOMMERCE MODULE CONFIG __________________________________
//The configuration below is not required, but allows you to customise your ecommerce application - check for the defalt value first.
// * * * DEFINITELY MUST SET
Order::set_email("your name <sales@myshop.com>");
Order::set_receipt_subject("thank you for your order at www.myshop.com");
Order::set_modifiers(array("SimpleShippingModifier"));

// * * * HIGHLY RECOMMENDED SETTINGS NON-ECOMMERCE
Payment::set_site_currency('GBP');
Geoip::$default_country_code = "GB";
i18n::set_locale('en_GB');
//setlocale (LC_TIME, 'en_GB@dollar', 'en_GB.UTF-8', 'en_GB', 'gb', 'gb');

// * * * ECOMMERCE I18N SETTINGS
//EcommerceCurrency::setDecimalDelimiter(','); //for Money formating
//EcommerceCurrency::setThousandDelimiter('.'); //for Money formating
//Object::useCustomClass('SS_Datetime','I18nDatetime', true);

// * * * SHOPPING CART AND ORDER
//ShoppingCart::set_fixed_country_code("NZ"); //always use the same country code
//Order::set_table_overview_fields(array('Total' => 'Total','Status' => 'Status'));//
//Order::set_maximum_ignorable_sales_payments_difference(0.001);//sometimes there are small discrepancies in total (for various reasons)- here you can set the max allowed differences
Order::set_order_id_start_number(001001);//sets a start number for order ID, so that they do not start at one.
//Order::set_cancel_before_payment(false); //soon to be depreciated
//Order::set_cancel_before_processing(false); //soon to be depreciated
//Order::set_cancel_before_sending(false); //soon to be depreciated
//Order::set_cancel_after_sending(false); //soon to be depreciated

//OrderForm::set_user_membership_optional(); //optional for user to become a member
OrderForm::set_force_membership(false); //all users must become members if true, or won't become members if false

//OrderManipulation::set_allow_cancelling(); //shows a cancel button on the order page
//OrderManipulation::set_allow_paying(); //shows a payment form

// * * * PRODUCTS
//ProductsAndGroupsModelAdmin::set_managed_models(array(("Product", "ProductGroup","ProductVariation"));
//SS_Report::register("SideReport", "EcommerceSideReport_AllProducts");
//SS_Report::register("SideReport", "EcommerceSideReport_FeaturedProducts");
//SS_Report::register("SideReport", "EcommerceSideReport_NoImageProducts");
//Product_Image::set_thumbnail_size(140, 100);
//Product_Image::set_content_image_width(200);
//Product_Image::set_large_image_width(200);
//ProductGroup::set_include_child_groups(true);
//ProductGroup::set_must_have_price(true);
//ProductGroup::set_sort_options( array('Title' => 'Alphabetical','Price' => 'Lowest Price')); // will be depreciated soon in this form, WATCH THIS SPACE.

// * * * CHECKOUT
//ExpiryDateField::set_short_months(true); //uses short months (e.g. Jan instead of january) for credit card expiry date.
//OrderFormWithoutShippingAddress::set_fixed_country_code("NZ"); //country is fixed
//OrderFormWithoutShippingAddress::set_postal_code_url("http://maps.google.com"); //link that can be used to check postal code
//OrderFormWithoutShippingAddress::set_postal_code_label("click here to check your postal code"); //label for link that can be used to check postal code
//OrderFormWithoutShippingAddress::set_login_invite_alternative_text('<a href="http://www.mysite.com/Security/login/?BackURL=">If you are a member then please log in.</a>); //label for link that can be used to check postal code

// * * * MEMBER
//EcommerceRole::set_group_name("Customers");

// * * * MODIFIERS
//FlatTaxModifier::set_tax("0.15", "GST", $exclusive = false);
SimpleShippingModifier::set_default_charge(2);
SimpleShippingModifier::set_charges_for_countries(array(
'GB' => 0,
));
//TaxModifier::::set_for_country($country = "NZ", $rate = 0.15, $name = "GST", $inclexcl = "inclusive"))

// * * * HELP
//Product::set_global_allow_purcahse(false); //stops the sale of all products
// ------------------------------------------------------END ECOMMERCE MODULE CONFIG ------------------------------------------------------

{/code]

marc79

22 June 2011 at 1:58am

Thought I had solved the issue with setting the default country to United Kingdom (GB) but this still isn't happening for me. Have tired all possible options I can think of to set this as default but nothing seems to work.

Geoip::$default_country_code = "GB"; 

Has anyone managed to get this working in ecommerce 0.8.2?

Thanks

Marc

GRiiDWeb

Community Member, 60 Posts

22 June 2011 at 6:37am

Edited: 22/06/2011 7:42am

Hi,
I was looking in ecommerce/code/control/ShoppingCart.php where all the country code stuff is -

protected static $country_setting_index = 'ShoppingCartCountry';
static function set_country_setting_index($v) {self::$country_setting_index = $v;}
static function get_country_setting_index() {return self::$country_setting_index;}

static function set_country($countryCode) {
Session::set(self::get_country_setting_index(), $countryCode);
$member = Member::currentUser();
//check if the member has a country
if($member) {
$member->Country = $countryCode;
$member->write()

Is there someting in here to help?
GW

marc79

24 June 2011 at 8:43pm

HI GW,

Thanks for your post. I'd been looking there and in the EcommerceRole.php file, trying to hardcode in the default setting but no luck so far.

public static $defaults = array(
	"Country" => 'GB'
);

marc79

26 June 2011 at 11:00pm

Edited: 29/06/2011 6:16am

Have managed to force default country to be GB by amending the EcommerceRole.php file as below:

static function find_country() {
		$member = Member::currentUser();

if($member && $member->Country) {
			$country = $member->Country;
		} else {
			if($country = ShoppingCart::get_country())
				return $country;

// HACK Avoid CLI tests from breaking (GeoIP gets in the way of unbiased tests!)
			// @todo Introduce a better way of disabling GeoIP as needed (Geoip::disable() ?)
			if(Director::is_cli()) {
				$country = null;
			} else {
				$country = 'GB';
			}
		}

return $country;
	}

Not sure if it the best way to do this but it seems to work.

Marc

CHD

Community Member, 219 Posts

5 July 2011 at 4:24am

Sorry that I wasn't involved at all since starting this post! somehow i managed to unsubscribe myself without meaning to...I hope that you managed to get it working in the end.
looking at starting a new eCommerce site soon so will probably be active again in this thread!

GRiiDWeb

Community Member, 60 Posts

5 July 2011 at 5:08am

Many thanks for joining again.
I've not had a rush of orders as yet.... well none at all, but I haven't promoted the site at all.
The commerce is live and in testing. It's sort of a hybrid of different version. It's not perfect, but there is not much support for the module UK to work with local developers.

marc79

5 July 2011 at 5:16am

Hi CHD,

Yeah, got there in the end. It's a great module just needs a bit more documentation. Hopefully the bits I have posted to this thread may come in handy for others building site with the module.

I've had it live on a clients site, http://www.margotdance.com, for just a few days and have had orders through so all seems to be going well.

Cheers

Marc