Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

How to Install Ecommerce - and what I did...

Go to End

3 Posts   2221 Views

Sunnybex

Community Member, 39 Posts

22 July 2010 at 2:37am

"For a new onlineshop I only need the ecommmerce-module" so thought...
and had to make a few adjustments:

based on
silverstripe 2.4.1.rc1

I had to get

dataobject_manager-r403
ecommerce-v0.5.4
ecommerce_extendedproductvariations-r2193
ecommerceanypriceproduct-r2185
ecommercextras-r2191
ecommerce-trunk-r98047

(it is all downloadable in the extensions-section)

and changed in ecommerceextras\code\reports\salesreport.php and in ecommerceextras\code\reports\paymentreport.php
in both lines 6 from "SSReport" to "SS_Report"

and now it works... after two days work :-)

... in english... guess I have todo a bit on the lang-file (de_DE) myself.

Anyway, hope this helps (for todays versions)

br
bex

Sunnybex

Community Member, 39 Posts

22 July 2010 at 9:05pm

Edited: 22/07/2010 9:44pm

After I did not receive any erroro messages yesterday- today I discovered the product-page is somehow missing and evrytime I try to save a picture the page type switches to 'accountpage'. Weird.
I tried the code mentioned by bambii7 (http://silverstripe-ecommerce.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/code/products/Product.php) (copy-paste is a wonderfull invention)
and so far it seems fine...

33 mins later:
nope, did not work. I took out _extendedproductvariations and _anypriceproduct but still have the backswitch to AccountPage. bäh.

producing a new ProductPage saves at least the image, but after going to the stage site I got this : Fatal error: Call to undefined method ShoppingCart::get_item_by_id() in C:\Programme\wamp\www\silverstripe\ecommerce\code\products\Product.php on line 240

:-(

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

26 July 2010 at 9:22am

Hi Sunnybex.
I tried setting up my first ecommerce silverstripe site a few weeks ago and found out that it wasn't quite all there.
I haven't been using any of the other ecommerce extensions "ecommerce_extendedproductvariations" only the latest release of ecommerce from that googlecode link. And the most recent Payments module down loaded from the extensions. There were a few errors to fix but mostly looking good.
The other modules and ecommerce module are only compatible on ss 2.3 (I think don't quote me) but from what I can tell the google code ecommerce project is getting updated daily. I don't think its intended to be used on a live site just yet. But you should be able to set up the old ecommerce module on an older version of ss with the modules you needed.