Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Editing "click to read more" link

Go to End

7 Posts   1829 Views

ramshackle

Community Member, 22 Posts

6 July 2010 at 10:14pm

Edited: 08/07/2010 9:12pm

Hi there,

Simple question - I need to edit the "click to read more" link which appears directly after the product description cutoff on the products home page. Cant find this in any of the ecommerce / payment template files. It's the link to the full product description. I need to edit the text on the link.

Cheers

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

11 July 2010 at 10:44pm

Hi Ramshackle,
You should find it in ecommerce/templates/Includes/ProductGroupItem.ss
on the latest version its on line 10 you'll see something like <% _t("READMORECONTENT","read more") %>
this is just for multilingual sites, you can just replace that code with what ever you desire!

ramshackle

16 July 2010 at 9:27pm

Hi Bambii7,

That's where I thought initially but changing the text doesn't change the rendered page text - flushed cache etc.. weird, can't find reference to that text anywhere at all in any of the templates, frustrating but not a massive deal. Searched every template file for the word 'click' but no results & it still appears on the products page.. anywhere else it might be?

cheers

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

19 July 2010 at 12:43pm

Just to double check, did you also check the includes?

ramshackle

17 August 2010 at 7:53pm

Yep, checked those also. Its driving me mad. Should be easy but I can't find it!

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

23 August 2010 at 4:22pm

Hi guys, note that you'll need to replace the entire tag: <% _t("READMORECONTENT","read more") %>. The "read more" text inside the tag is only used when a translation isn't available, otherwise it uses the text from the active language (probably US). You'll find that text in ecommerce/lang/en_US.php
Jeremy

ramshackle

26 August 2010 at 9:24pm

Thanks alot Jedateach - it was the en_GB.php file

cracked open the bubbles!

And great work all round on the module, helping us mere mortals no end

cheers!