Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

E-commerce Alternative

Go to End

43 Posts   12961 Views

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

17 January 2011 at 10:17pm

I have seen a thread recommending the burnbright version - I tried it out and that seems stable so I'd start there...

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 112 Posts

18 January 2011 at 9:14am

Edited: 18/01/2011 9:15am

The versions I talk about in my posts...and the ones I link to in my posts...are the BurnBright versions.

The version you can download from the site (and again, READ MY POSTS) is stable. Nicolaas, jam13, Jedateach are the ones supporting the new push for a better module. Jedatach is the one that hosts the Burnbright version...WHICH IS THE ONE I have linked to in my previous post.

If you download the Version: [v0.7.0] you will get a ton of new upgrades to the previous three versions. There are some much needed internal code changes to make it a much better module from the inside out. They have a TRUNK version you can download too...and trust me...Jeremy keeps on top of this.

If you are using SilverStripe....then I don't see why you wouldn't at least download the TRUNK and install it on one of your development servers on top of one of your development installations of SilverStripe. It's so simple and fast, you can have it up and running in under 10 minutes. wait!

For instance...I took 8 minutes to download it, install it, put the necessary configurations in and got it loaded on my personal web server and you can see it here: Products

just give it a shot. once you have it installed, and you find it isn't doing something you want...search or ask about it. Someone will help you out, or even point you in the direction of a add-on or another module that adds functionality to the module you are working with.

Trenatos

Community Member, 15 Posts

18 January 2011 at 10:01am

Thanks Terry

So you recommend I download version 0.7.0?
And what is the BurnBright version?

Terry Apodaca

18 January 2011 at 10:18am

Yes Trentatos...

You should at the very least download the stable version 0.7.0 and give it a try. If you find it doesn't have something you need or want, then download and install the Trunk version (which is a couple links below the main download on the Module page) and see if it has been added. They are ACTIVELY developing the module so you never know if a new feature is there.

If that doesn't get you what you needed, you can always ask on here (new thread) and see what comes about.

I've seen some posts where people have given pretty good details on how they got certain things to work...like paypal from this post: Paypal

As for the burnbright version...you can see it on the 'active' google code site if you just traverse the source code. they have a branch for it...and they have a demo site the represents that branch. Here's the link to the google code: SilverStripe on Google and the demo site for this is: SILVERSTRIPE ECOMMERCE MODULE

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

18 January 2011 at 10:31am

Edited: 18/01/2011 12:01pm

Hi guys, sorry for the confusion around this module.

Here's where things stand:
Trunk is currently undergoing significant changes, so it will naturally be somewhat unstable.

I've got my burnbright branch, which I hope is stable, because I'm using it for client sites. It was branched away from trunk a couple of weeks ago, before the big trunk changes were started. I have found a few bugs in it myself, so if you find any yourselves please let me know. I'm thinking of putting this branch out as a 0.8.1 release. Would anyone specifically like that to happen?

EDIT: by the way, the burnbright branch is actually hosted on the google svn repository: https://silverstripe-ecommerce.googlecode.com/svn/branches/burnbright

As for trunk, we're gearing up towards a 1.0 release. I've posted a thread on this google group, outlining our plans for that release:
http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-ecommerce/browse_thread/thread/269ab2a61764bea6

Terry Apodaca

18 January 2011 at 10:36am

Thanks Jeremy!

Maybe there should be a website built for your module, where you can blog about it, etc....so people know more about what's going on. Just a thought.

inCharge

Community Member, 102 Posts

18 January 2011 at 12:26pm

Updating the 'Announcements' section on this forum ("E-Commerce 0.6 beta 1 released" is well out of date) and at http://www.silverstripe.org/ecommerce-module/ would be a good start.

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

18 January 2011 at 5:20pm

@inCharge totally agree...but we don't have control over sticky-ing the threads in this forum.