Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Uninstalling ecommerce on postgresql

Go to End

Imbrondir

Community Member, 13 Posts

5 July 2011 at 11:22pm

I have ecommerce on my server running on postgresql. But after switching to Foxycart I want to uninstall it. This has proved to be difficult to do, as removing the files ain't enough. Before removing the ecommerce (and payment) module I keep getting this error:

[Warning] pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "FROM" LINE 1: SHOW COLUMNS FROM `Order` LIKE 'Shipping' ^

Which I assume is coming from the ecommerce module. I'm no SQL expert, but after some research I understand "SHOW" is a MySQL command, which won't work on postgresql.

However after removing the module, I get this error

[Warning] pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: check constraint "SiteTree_ClassName_check" is violated by some row 
Trace: 

pg_query(Resource id #54,ALTER TABLE "SiteTree" ALTER COLUMN "ClassName" TYPE varchar(255) , ALTER COLUMN "ClassName" DROP DEFAULT, ALTER COLUMN "ClassName" SET default 'SiteTree', DROP CONSTRAINT "SiteTree_ClassName_check", ADD CONSTRAINT "SiteTree_ClassName_check" check ("ClassName" in ('SiteTree', 'Page', 'FCategoryPage', 'FProductPage', 'FTopCategoryPage', 'FishTankHolder', 'HomePage', 'ErrorPage', 'RedirectorPage', 'VirtualPage', 'FishTankPage'))) 
 Line 187 of PostgreSQLDatabase.php

Further info here: http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/17358

Now obviously I was quite dumb for evaluating the module on the server (though it wasn't live at the time). But is there any way I could remove it safely without rendering my database useless?