Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Total Outstanding

Go to End

6 Posts   1587 Views

Shawn

Community Member, 6 Posts

28 July 2011 at 6:32am

A client of mine recently had an order come through for a total of $1549.00. However, only $1449.00 was charged to the card (via AuthorizeNet) and there is a "Total outstanding" of $100.

What is going on here? How did this even happen? I've tried to replicate the order and I can't seem to figure anything out. Any information would be wonderful!

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

28 July 2011 at 1:00pm

What version of ecommerce is being used? are you using any tax or shipping modifiers?

Shawn

29 July 2011 at 12:47am

SilverStripe E-commerce Module 0.5.1 beta

I'm fairly positive shipping is calculated via weight, where the weight of the product is entered by the client when products are added. Tax isn't calculated.

Thanks for the help!

Shawn

29 July 2011 at 2:55am

The client also mentioned that this was the most expensive transaction to date. Is there a limit that is set somewhere? Would this be in my dev files or something through AuthorizeNet?

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

1 August 2011 at 2:34pm

0.5.1 is a rather old version now. I'd recommend trying out the newer 0.8 version(s).

Shawn

2 August 2011 at 12:52am

Jedateach - I understand that the plugin is old but in the meantime, I'd like to be able to troubleshoot it a bit before just upgrading and not knowing if I've solved my problem or not. Any ideas as to what is causing this? I really do appreciate the help as I'm a bit stumped.

Logically, the module would kick the user back to the payment process if the full value wasn't processed, thus leaving an outstanding value. What I can't seem to understand, though, is why AuthorizeNet would even allow a credit card to only process a portion of the payment - seems like it should be all or nothing. This makes me believe that the full value isn't being passed into AuthorizeNet in the first place.