Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Getting eCommerce error in Products Menu

Go to End

Signals

Community Member, 4 Posts

18 February 2012 at 9:20pm

Edited: 19/02/2012 11:19am

When I installed svn-v0.8.1 and payment-v0.3.0, everything looks reasonably fine in the back end except the Products tab. When I click on that, the nav menu disappears, I get a blue background and the following error codes in the background:
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 233

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 236

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 239

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 242

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 245

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/content/m/a/l/mallwithout/html/silverstripe/svn-v0.8.1/code/cms/ProductBulkLoader.php on line 248

Everything there seems to work okay, but the menu is gone and this error code is annoying. I am a novice with this and not a PHP guy. Any simple suggestions?

I have located this file, though my shared hosting FTP File Manager doesn't show line numbers.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked at the file with line numbers and the section it refers to is:

//work around until I can figure out how to allow calling processVariation multiple times
function processVariation1(&$obj, $val, $record){
$this->processVariation(&$obj, $val, $record);
}
function processVariation2(&$obj, $val, $record){
}
function processVariation3(&$obj, $val, $record){
}
function processVariation4(&$obj, $val, $record){
}
function processVariation5(&$obj, $val, $record){
}
function processVariation6(&$obj, $val, $record){

In each case, the line that has the error refers to the line that says: $this->processVariation(&$obj, $val, $record);

Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Matthew