Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Pickup at store payment option

Go to End

7 Posts   1795 Views

quanto

Community Member, 91 Posts

30 August 2012 at 3:08am

Hi

I'm building a SS shop (from ss-shop.org). It's already online, but i'm stuck with the payment options.

I'm trying to get a option "Pick up at store" next to Chequepayment and PaypalPayment. When clicked this option, the shipping costs should be free (0.00). Is there any way to fix this? Or is there any other solution to set the delivery method?

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

30 August 2012 at 6:25pm

Edited: 30/08/2012 6:27pm

Hi Quanto,

To me it doesn't sound right to provide a payment option for pick-up shipping. This should instead be the role of a shipping modifier.

You may be interested in this shipping system I've just written for the shop module: https://github.com/burnbright/silverstripe-shop-zonedshipping

You can specify pick-up shipping by creating a "pick-up shipping" zone, which doesn't charge anything. I've only tested with latest code however (develop branch). I'm planning some improvements to it also.

You can see this in action at this new t-shirt printers website

regards,
jeremy

quanto

4 September 2012 at 8:59pm

Edited: 05/09/2012 7:42pm

Ok thanks Jeremy,

I installed your shipping method. It shows the different shipping methods in the checkout page, but when I select the 'send to shipping address' option, it doesn't calculate the weight, and remains at € 0.00.

Do you have any clue?

Rienco

quanto

5 September 2012 at 7:43pm

I found the solution, I forgot to set the following line code in the _config.php file:

Order::set_modifiers(array("ZoneWeightShippingModifier")); 

Thanks for the solution, I think it's a good addition to the ss-shop!

quanto

5 September 2012 at 10:32pm

Just one more question: Where can I edit the DefaultShippingZone?

$zone = SiteConfig::current_site_config()->DefaultShippingZone();

Jedateach

Forum Moderator, 238 Posts

6 September 2012 at 8:19am

Edited: 06/09/2012 8:21am

Hi Quanto,

You can configure the default option in your site config section. (root tree item in Pages section).
If it isn't showing up, then you might need newer shop code, or just add it in yourself. See WeightShippingConfig.php

Jeremy

quanto

6 September 2012 at 7:38pm

Thanks, it worked. I thought I had to set it in _config.php, but this is even better!