Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

MemberProfiles Module playing nice with the SwipeStripe Ecommerce Module

Go to End

4 Posts   2451 Views

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

9 November 2012 at 10:48am

Edited: 09/11/2012 3:32pm

Hi All,

I have been using Swipestripes eCommerce module (v1.0.1), but have found it lacks the ability to edit the users created by the shopping cart.

In an attempt to solve this issue I installed Ajshort's Memberprofiles Module, which is brilliant and I highly recommend it.
The only issue I face at this point is, the module doesn't seem to play nice with Swipestripe eCommerce module.
I can create users (with address) and login, but whenever I checkout Swipestripe hasn't picked up the shipping address and even asks me to create an account to continue (however I am already logged in on an account created by Memberprofiles).

Is there an easy way I can copy Swipestripes address field information over to MemberProfiles?
So that when any user is created using MemberProfiles, it is creating the correct fields in the MySQL database for Swipestripe.

EDIT: After talking to Frank at SwipeStripe I have found that it is currently not possible to use MemberProfiles along side SwipeStripe.

Thanks,
-helenclarko

Dr. J

Community Member, 8 Posts

11 January 2013 at 2:45am

Edited: 11/01/2013 2:49am

In case somebody else comes this way, I believe I managed to achieve the outcome you were after by grabbing the neat and lightweight registration module from Aram at SS bits: http://www.ssbits.com/tutorials/2010/site-members-registering-users-and-allowing-them-to-edit-their-details/. The trick is to create a Customer and associate it with the customers group rather than leaving it as a simple Member.

So after downloading and installing the Registration and SwipeStripe modules in the usual way, I modified the doRegister method in RegistrationPage_Controller by commenting out the original Member creation code and replacing it with the necessary lines from ProcessOrder of the CheckoutPage_Controller in the SwipeStripe module:

/** -- Original implementation by Aram
		//Otherwise create new member and log them in
		$Member = new Member();
		$form->saveInto($Member);			
		$Member->write();
		$Member->login();	

//Find or create the 'user' group
		if(!$userGroup = DataObject::get_one('Group', "Code = 'users'"))
		{
			$userGroup = new Group();
			$userGroup->Code = "users";
			$userGroup->Title = "Users";
			$userGroup->Write();
			$userGroup->Members()->add($Member);
		}
		//Add member to user group
		$userGroup->Members()->add($Member);
		**/

// New implementation taken from SwipeStripe
		$member = new Customer();